HD TV Antenna that works for Orlando stations

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2015, 11:49 AM

I've been trying to call and leaving messages, but no response. Is there a problem?
Old 10-30-2015, 09:45 PM

We went to antenna ~ other neighbors nearby have zero problems, we have problems every night. The channels freeze up, then there is no signal. It happened so much tonight that my husband was actually able to see it for himself. The antenna normally starts messing up every night around 9:30p but it was all night tonight! Personally, it's not worth the $$$ saved. It just adds frustration. I love sports, I got Roku, I have Sling however every game I've watched on ESPN and TNT had the same problem as on antenna. It's HORRIBLE ~ and a waste of money! I don't recommend it at all
Old 10-31-2015, 07:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We have very reliable reception from our antenna. Occasionally we will lose NBC for a little bit of time but we were warned that NBC can be a bit problematic. It doesn't happen often enough to be of any consequence.

Who put up your antenna and what antenna do you have? Tom at VillagesAV.com installed ours in the attic and he uses a pretty good sized antenna, which is needed for enough gain given the distance to Orlando. He is highly recommended.

If you are having problems with Sling over Roku then you may have a broadband issue. We have a couple of Roku boxes and they work flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
We went to antenna ~ other neighbors nearby have zero problems, we have problems every night. The channels freeze up, then there is no signal. It happened so much tonight that my husband was actually able to see it for himself. The antenna normally starts messing up every night around 9:30p but it was all night tonight! Personally, it's not worth the $$$ saved. It just adds frustration. I love sports, I got Roku, I have Sling however every game I've watched on ESPN and TNT had the same problem as on antenna. It's HORRIBLE ~ and a waste of money! I don't recommend it at all
Old 10-31-2015, 08:19 AM
Platinum member

Switched three years ago when comcast told us we could leave them if we did not like their service. Left, put in the flat antenna and do not regret it. We also read more now and do not have the tv on as all day long. More selective with our network shows also.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:48 PM

What is reception like up near highway 42?
Closed Thread

Tags
antenna, dish, easy, satellite, roof, orlando, digital, channels, amazon, $20, $70, trouble, worth, smaller, footprint, results, happy, replace, point, partial, pointed, obstruction, blocks, higher, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.