"Southern Growth Details Unveiled"

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2017, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default "Southern Growth Details Unveiled"

In today's Daily Sun. All I can think of is wow! Aren't we lucky to be part of a place as nice as this? Thank you, Morse Family, from the appreciative retirees here. Naysayers, MOVE.....
Old 06-20-2017, 07:02 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
In today's Daily Sun. All I can think of is wow! Aren't we lucky to be part of a place as nice as this? Thank you, Morse Family, from the appreciative retirees here. Naysayers, MOVE.....

They approach the negatives received directly by giving good news. A quick proactive approach to keep good news flowing. A new and interesting bit of news for me is the location of the golf bridge across the Florida turnpike. If a bridge for cars doesn’t follow, driving the golf cart from Brownwood to Fenney might be faster than driving the car. A reemphasis or continuation of the idea of a golf cart community that was thought to have been lost when Fenney was first announced. Very astute!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
[/B]

They approach the negatives received directly by giving good news. A quick proactive approach to keep good news flowing. A new and interesting bit of news for me is the location of the golf bridge across the Florida turnpike. If a bridge for cars doesn’t follow, driving the golf cart from Brownwood to Fenney might be faster than driving the car. A reemphasis or continuation of the idea of a golf cart community that was thought to have been lost when Fenney was first announced. Very astute!
I will probably seldom get all the way down there from Lynnhaven. Too far really for the golf cart. Maybe if they put in a fourth movie theater and that movie is not playing at any other Villages' theater, I might go down to Fenney.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
[/B]

That and many other naysayer comments, just points out a lot of people had no idea what they were talking about.
Look forward to reading about everything that is wrong with the announcement in todays paper.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM

Away for the week. Can you share the news?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2016 View Post
The Villages Daily Sun

They might post something about it on The Villages Daily Sun web-site. I do not see it today though.

This is related to Fenney. Fenney Lauded; Homes Building Quickly - The Villages Daily Sun: Growth
Old 06-20-2017, 07:34 AM

Thank you!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

The homes seem to be selling at a brisk pace and great to see the rec centers open. I noticed there are many completed homes that they do not show as available for sale. Is there a reason for holding them back?
Old 06-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2016 View Post
This link shows the "growth" articles from the DS: The Villages Daily Sun: Growth
Old 06-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage

Not sure I follow. To drive from Brownwood to Fenney, just go down 301 and turn left on 468 and there you are. Fenney starts at the corner of 301 and 468. I cannot see how you could get to Fenney faster in a golf cart.

Quote:
[/B]

Last edited by biker1; 06-20-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Not sure I follow. To drive from Brownwood to Fenney, just go down 301 and turn left on 468 and there you are. Fenney starts at the corner of 301 and 468. I cannot see how you could get to Fenney faster in a golf cart.
It's because TV has announced plans for this:
1. Extend Buena Vista from 44, add a bridge over the Turnpike and connect with 468 at Fenney.
2. Build a multi-modal bridge over 44 for golf carts, bicycles and pedestrians. The multi-modal path will essentially be parallel to the Buena Vista extension.
3. Presumably, the bridge for vehicles over the Turnpike will also have lanes for golf carts and a sidewalk for pedestrians - picture the Morse bridge near Lake Sumter Landing.
4. A golf cart tunnel under 468 at Fenney.

BIG PLANS!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:22 AM
Gold member

Looks to me there will be far too many houses down there and not enough golf holes. No sure what the ratio is of homes to golf holes is. But, just be looking at the map in the paper it looks to me the people down there are going to get short changed. Glad I live in the northern section. We all love it up here!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Daughter and grand kids in for the week.....took them down to Fenney and stayed for lunch at the Grill.....food was great and the setting was wonderful. As with all Villages, this area will have it's distinct personality and a few more amenities then those of us above 44. Doesn't get much better than living here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Looks to me there will be far too many houses down there and not enough golf holes. No sure what the ratio is of homes to golf holes is. But, just be looking at the map in the paper it looks to me the people down there are going to get short changed. Glad I live in the northern section. We all love it up here!
It ain't over till it's over (per Yogi). I suspect there are a lot more amenities coming, might be golf holes, might be another town square in Southern Oaks, I suspect more big box stores (what will those that were begging for Trader Joes and Costco do if the they build "all the way" down there). And finally, not everyone here plays golf so the need for Championship courses is reduced.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
As I said earlier.....................

Tags
part, nice, place, morse, naysayers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.