Heading to TV; historical vs. future perspective

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Default Heading to TV; historical vs. future perspective

Got some years to go before I can escape to TV and join other relatives in paradise. Hope all remains as beautiful as it is now, so can any long-term residents provide a historical perspective; has life in TV been as great now as in past, does future look to hold the same?
Counting the years,days, minutes..............
Old 06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfsun88 View Post
Got some years to go before I can escape to TV and join other relatives in paradise. Hope all remains as beautiful as it is now, so can any long-term residents provide a historical perspective; has life in TV been as great now as in past, does future look to hold the same?
gulfsun88 -- I am in the same boat as you so I feel your pain. There was a lady who has posted on TOTV -- her name may be Villages Florida. She has lived in TV for I believe over 10 years. She has written about how she feels about the growth -- overall very positive if I remember correctly. I'm sure other TV long timers will also chime in.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfsun88 View Post
I feel your pain...I have been visiting TV for over 15 years and have seen all of the growth since they first crossed 441. While I don't live there I do visit every year and am not turned off by the growth. However, I had a friend who lived in Rio Grande for 10 years before he passed away and he cursed the day he moved to TV. Mainly he was bothered over the snowbird invasions and waiting in long lines everywhere, traffic and the usual conjestion that comes with high season. But he never could find anywhere to go that stood up to the life style of TV. I hope heaven meets his standard. (lol)
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

have 9 different family members that have been here 15years and as new places were built they just kept moving, now most reside close to LSL, and would not live anywhere else. (Well maybe a new village that just opened

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.