Heating and air conditioning duct placement

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Default Heating and air conditioning duct placement

I doubt that I am the only one with this issue - cold areas of the house caused by totally wrong duct placement.

In my bedrooms and living-dining-kitchen spaces the supply ducts come to the inner walls just a short distance from the return ducts. This causes a short airflow path resulting in my outer areas being around 10 degrees colder than the core of the house. The thermostat doesn't call for heat because it is in the core of the house

Correct design would dictate supply duct placement at the perimeter walls of each room so that a greater area of conditioned air is involved in the movement back to the return air ducts.

Similar issues exist with the cold air when the AC is running, only then the perimeter areas are warmer than the core.

Has anyone had any success getting this design flaw addressed?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshriver801 View Post
In my bedrooms and living-dining-kitchen spaces the supply ducts come to the inner walls just a short distance from the return ducts. This causes a short airflow path resulting in my outer areas being around 10 degrees colder than the core of the house. The thermostat doesn't call for heat because it is in the core of the house
I have noticed that the front bedroom (where my computer is) is always much colder than the rest of the house. I really don't know what the reason is.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.