Email Reported As Spam

Thank God for the round abouts or there would be bottle necks glore here
Old 03-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I completely agree with you. I don't find the roundabouts a problem at all.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I completely agree with you. I don't find the roundabouts a problem at all.
i just treat every other car in the roundabouts like they are toxic and give em an evil eye.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Veteran member
Default traffic

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when Fenney gets occupied a lot those folks will come here to shop and to do the Doctors and the looking around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, guess what you will see then?

bbbbbb

Old 03-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when Fenney gets occupied a lot those folks will come here to shop and to do the Doctors and the looking around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, guess what you will see then?

bbbbbb

THAT argument again. If they build homes, then shopping will be built. It WILL. Supply and demand. Patience, Grasshopper (Bogie Shooter says that)

I think our roundabouts are BRILLIANT. Mrs. Robinson, study up. And Koo kook achoo.

AND to the folks on here who I just love, like, tolerate, except for two who I could bop, PLEASE drive carefully. I would like you to be alive and whole in ten more days when the traffic will become remarkably BETTER.

Sigh. Even those two.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Right on-- without them , traffic would be horrifically slow , especially "in season"
Old 03-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Default NYC taxi driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
You sound like my kids in Jacksonville. They laugh at me when I say something about our traffic. Of course, my son forgets about the non-traffic problems where he grew up...I haven't.

It's ok, we're retired so I don't care. I just leave a little earlier and if something holds me up and I'm late, so be it. The only complaint I really have is those people from the "big cities" that drive like they are still in the "big cities". SLOW DOWN!!

I remember the nail-biting ride this lil' ole country gal had in NYC. Being from a small town in comparison, Lubbock, TX, I had never experienced anything close to it! Interstates had not even come into full use (system created 1956) in 1960. The cab I was in went from the Idlewild Airport to the International Hotel. The guy put his hand on the horn and his foot in the carburetor and didn't let go of either one, weaving his way through traffic, until we slid to a stop at the hotel!
I grew up in Manhattan and dodged taxis as a pedestrian until I went away to college. When I first drove a car to the city, the only thing that kept me sane was that I at least knew where I was going, as I prayed I wouldn't be killed by a taxi. My driving goal was to become as assertive and adept as a NYC cabbie. One day, my mom gave me the unsolicited accolade, "You drive just like a NYC taxi driver!" So, the crazy people in the roundabouts don't scare me at all; I just assume they're out to get me!
Old 03-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
I grew up in Manhattan and dodged taxis as a pedestrian until I went away to college. When I first drove a car to the city, the only thing that kept me sane was that I at least knew where I was going, as I prayed I wouldn't be killed by a taxi. My driving goal was to become as assertive and adept as a NYC cabbie. One day, my mom gave me the unsolicited accolade, "You drive just like a NYC taxi driver!" So, the crazy people in the roundabouts don't scare me at all; I just assume they're out to get me!
OMIGOSH. Is that YOU?????
Old 03-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OMIGOSH. Is that YOU?????
I think it is. While most people post "SLOW DOWN", Olie would like the rest of us to "SPEED UP"
Old 03-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Sage

Keep everyone behind you and you will be safe
Old 03-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
The very first time I drove in The City (early 80's), it dawned on me that there were only two rules.

1. ME FIRST.

2. Whatever it takes for...ME FIRST.

Once I made up my mind that I wouldn't make the week without at least one fender bender and that the speeds are relatively low, so personal injury was not a big concern...I started following the two rules.

I have now driven in The City probably two dozens times and have yet (fingers crossed)...to even get a door ding.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:34 PM

Our boo hoo, you had to wait maybe 60 seconds? Try Atlanta traffic sometime at rush hour and you will have a big smile on your face at your village entrance.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 AM

What is the number of the statute or traffic code making waving carts through against the law?
Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Sage

316.2045--is the statute
Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 PM

The law never defines who has the right of way, only who MUST yield.

Florida Drivers Handbook - Right of Way
Closed Thread

Tags
stop, officer, community, watch, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.