Heirs and ownership of homes?

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
There are primary residents in The Villages who are under 55. We were told that they allow--I believe 20%---under that age. The only stipulation is that they could not live here full time if they had children under the age of 18 who were still living with them.
The age is 19 not 18. According to my deed restrictions...the community will be maintained at 80% plus 55.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,033 Times in 1,210 Posts

KFIERLE:

I think you misunderstood what I said. Or I misspoke. I also bought new in TV at 52 years old. TV salesperson said they had to get a waiver, but it was just paperwork, as you did. That is because a percentage of people who buy new construction has to be over 55. However, ANYONE at any age can buy a resale in the villages, and no waiver is necessary. TV has control over who buys New construction in TV. However, The Villages has NO CONTROL over who buys resales, except the people have to meet the contingencies of the covenants. My wife is a realtor in the villages who sells resales. She has sold resale homes in TV to people as young as 30. There is no waiver or paperwork done because they are under 55. I dont know why someone 30 would want to live with us old people.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.