Help. Closing day?

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2024, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The home inspector should have noted the age and the overall condition of the HVAC system. That would make a huge difference in how to handle the closing issue. The fact that it was not cooling during the walkthrough doesn't provide much pertinent information.
“Age and Condition” have NO bearing at Closing. As I stated previously, the OP (buyer) had their chance to review the inspection and negotiate with the seller. Again, that contingency has long since passed. At this point the seller has NO LEGAL DUTY TO DO ANYTHING! Buyers can’t just wait until the end and say, “Oh, by the way.” That’s not how it works.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrey12 View Post
“Age and Condition” have NO bearing at Closing. As I stated previously, the OP (buyer) had their chance to review the inspection and negotiate with the seller. Again, that contingency has long since passed. At this point the seller has NO LEGAL DUTY TO DO ANYTHING! Buyers can’t just wait until the end and say, “Oh, by the way.” That’s not how it works.
So, if the walk-through reveals a significant defect, the seller has no obligation to address it? Then, why do the walk-through? The house is not sold until the papers are signed. That is why you have a closing.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
A troll posts threads that will elicit lots of responses and some disagreement among members and the OP either leaves the thread or puts in vague replies to keep the people either arguing or just confused.

In your previous threads we kept asking specific questions to try to help you. But you didn’t answer any of the questions. I’m sorry if you are having issues but people can’t help you without a lot of very specific details. Failing to answer posts asking for specifics is something trolls do and is why I suspected you of trolling us.
You don’t understand what a troll is….. here are various definitions for you….. stop calling this person a troll. You’re in fact more of a troll in this situation.

An individual who posts false accusations or inflammatory remarks on social media to promote a cause or to harass someone

In slang, a troll is a person who posts deliberately offensive or provocative messages online or who performs similar behaviors in real life.

A troll is Internet slang for a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community
Old 05-23-2024, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Don't close if the AC is not working. I wouldn't worry about the cockroaches. Don't let them offer to buy a home warranty. It probably won't cover the AC or anything else. You won't lose your deposit if the AC doesn't work.

Note: If the HVAC system is more than 12-15 years old, you may want to offer to split the cost with the seller for a new system. The seller's half should be deducted from the selling price at the closing.
I would walk. Ac should be fixed and I wouldn't buy abhome with roaches. For all you know they had them the whole time and can't get rid of them. I know people who bought a new home and have been fighting infestation since closing.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Not true. If certain things were mentioned and agreed upon after inspection to be fixed for closing and those things are not fixed I would not close.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
This is a troll. Heartnsoul has many threads with similar posts about closing inspection issues. Just look at her history. Moderators need to look at this! I just reported the post.
In April it says they purchased a CYV so I'm confused as well. All kinds of issues, don't know why they would go thru with it.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Yes I DID. wasn't an issue 3 weeks ago
My experience and my daughter's is that things break as soon as you move in. Wonder how that happens?
Old 05-23-2024, 08:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You make it sound easy but you’re in TV, TV’s are in control & will tell them what to do now. I think I would talk to a lawyer, I don’t think they’ll tell TV what to do when they have your deposit! I wish them the best of luck.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Also a irrigation inspection that's working properly.
Don’t forget separate pool inspection it is NOT part of the house inspection we found out the hard way even though disclosure said heat pump was working it was not. Lawyer said we had a claim husband said “ she is a widow let it go “
Old 05-23-2024, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Of course I had an inspector but no bugs were found 3 weeks ago and ac was working during inspection
Unfortunately, a home inspection is hardly worth the paper it is printed on . Even if all is working at the time of the inspection the only recourse you have if it’s not when you move in is you possibly get your $400 ( or what you paid ) back. You can not sue a home inspector and they know this. A lot of “not so good” ones out there and usually recommended by the realtor whose motivation is to get the home sold ASAP.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
You don’t understand what a troll is….. here are various definitions for you….. stop calling this person a troll. You’re in fact more of a troll in this situation.

An individual who posts false accusations or inflammatory remarks on social media to promote a cause or to harass someone

In slang, a troll is a person who posts deliberately offensive or provocative messages online or who performs similar behaviors in real life.

A troll is Internet slang for a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community
I was pretty clear in my last post and described exactly what a troll is and exactly why I suspected the Op was a troll. I’ve been around forums long enough to know what a troll is.

Also in this thread she stated inspection 3 weeks ago was fine. But she also said 3 weeks ago she was backing out due to water issue at inspection. She posted 3 different threads on that.

Last edited by frayedends; 05-23-2024 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Girl View Post
In April it says they purchased a CYV so I'm confused as well. All kinds of issues, don't know why they would go thru with it.
Yup she is all over the place and doesn’t answer specific questions.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,374 Posts

Quote:
The OP is asking for advice about the closing. But the only information she provided is that the HVAC system was not cooling during the walk-through. The age and condition of the HVAC is critical information as to what to ask for from the seller. If the HVAC system is still under warranty, there is no problem. But if the system is relatively new, but out-of-warranty, and the compressor has failed, there is no way she should go to closing and sign the papers. In that case, the seller should pay for the expensive repair. If the system is 25 years old, she should probably be prepared to buy a new system anyway. To say that the age and condition have no bearing is just wrong.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:15 AM
Veteran member

Alone with a very sick husband.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

I would ask if it was cooling at all. Perhaps it was just set to 80 and then was taking time to cool down. Then I would ask if the roaches were just outside bugs like palmetto bugs or dirty house roaches.

The house should be in as good condition as it was during the offer. Apart from that the OP has had 3 to 4 purchases in the Villages (based on earlier threads) so not entirely new to the process.
Closed Thread

Tags
closing, house, walk, fixed, lose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.