Help with lost iPad info

Old 03-27-2024, 06:33 PM
Default Help with lost iPad info

I was cleaning my Allmail folder, one entry at the time, when all of a sudden the entire folder contents were deleted - everything I had in all the individual folders.

Everything is supposed to be backed up on the cloud, does anyone know how to retrieve that information?
Old 03-27-2024, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turneronce View Post
I was cleaning my Allmail folder, one entry at the time, when all of a sudden the entire folder contents were deleted - everything I had in all the individual folders.

Everything is supposed to be backed up on the cloud, does anyone know how to retrieve that information?
When you delete an apple email, it goes to the trash folder. It stays in the trash folder for 30 days and then is permanently deleted. You should be able to go to your trash folder and see your recently deleted messages.

You can move everything back to your inbox. In the trash folder select “edit” and then select all the messages you want to recover. Then select “move” and move them to your desired location.

If the lost messages are not in your trash folder, they are probably in your “archive” folder. You can move those back to your inbox using the same method.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:12 PM
Default How stupid of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel200 View Post
When you delete an apple email, it goes to the trash folder. It stays in the trash folder for 30 days and then is permanently deleted. You should be able to go to your trash folder and see your recently deleted messages.

You can move everything back to your inbox. In the trash folder select “edit” and then select all the messages you want to recover. Then select “move” and move them to your desired location.

If the lost messages are not in your trash folder, they are
probably in your “archive” folder. You can move those back to your inbox using the same method.
I panicked and never even thought of going to the Trash folder first, thanks for getting me back on track. The emails are there and I will sort through them and put them back where they belong.

Thanks in advance to everybody who will come up with a similar suggestion.

Tags
folder, individual, folders, supposed, backed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.