Help Needed

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
My question is whether you need to get review for plantings or just for "permanent hardscapes" such as walls, Flagpoles etc. Everybody here buys small plants that can grow into trees. Nobody can be expected to get a permit for a seedling that grows into a tree. I was given a several seedlings as a handout on arbor day in 2007. One survived while the others were mistakenly mowed down. The survivor had reached 30 feet tall and no permit was issued. The story goes on as I found that the survivor needed to go and it is no longer existing. Again, no permit to remove. I realize that there are some limits relative to live oaks but where do the deed restrictions start and end.

If I decide to replace bark mulch with stones, do I need review? If I expand a garden into the yard, do I need a review? I know that ignorance of requirements is not an excuse, but if the requirements are not specific how are they enforced. ie One seedling into a tree in 13 years oK, but what about 5, 10, a yardful.

Does anyone have a copy of this deed compliance document that they could share? I cannot find mine. Thanks.

Basically, ANY changes to the outside of the house or landscaping needs approval, changing the color of your house, painting the driveway (in some CDDs), changing landscaping, and yes to removing pine straw or mulch and replacing with stone (I have done this personally, approval required). Canopy trees over 4 inches in diameter typically require approval to be removed, this is definitely call before you cut situation to avoid a fine, palms are not canopy trees.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Basically, ANY changes to the outside of the house or landscaping needs approval, changing the color of your house, painting the driveway (in some CDDs), changing landscaping, and yes to removing pine straw or mulch and replacing with stone (I have done this personally, approval required). Canopy trees over 4 inches in diameter typically require approval to be removed, this is definitely call before you cut situation to avoid a fine, palms are not canopy trees.
ANY? Planting a couple rose bushes doesn't require anybody's approval...……..
Old 07-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

That's why I said basically, yes you are correct, adding plants you do not need to contact ARC, same for replacing plants, but the initial landscaping does require review and approval, as well as "major" changes. When in doubt, you can always call ARC and ask.

Tags
permits, needed, years, things, remove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.