When you cut the cable cord with Spectrum

Old 08-20-2023, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,939 Times in 928 Posts
Default When you cut the cable cord with Spectrum

And turn in the cable boxes in and proceed with internet only,

does the spectrum app still work on the Roku TV? or do you have to pay for some type of access to spectrum app on Roku???

About to cut the cord up north. .

Thanks. .

coachK and sportsguy

Old 08-20-2023, 06:27 PM

The Spectrum will work as you as you subscribe to a TV package. Some channels msy be blocked out like your locals and regional sports networks. But if all ypu kept with Spectrum was internet, then the app will not work.

Old 08-20-2023, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,115 Posts

When we dropped DirectTV the streaming app stopped working for us.

Today we have Xfinity internet only and the streaming app does not work.

I assume when you cut the cord with Spectrum they will cut you off from their streaming app in return.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 08-20-2023, 07:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,358 Times in 618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post

does the spectrum app still work on the Roku TV? or do you have to pay for some type of access to spectrum app on Roku???

Thanks. .

coachK and sportsguy
When you drop spectrum, be sure to do it the last few days of your billing period. There is no pro rata refund from them.

Old 08-20-2023, 11:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,993 Times in 767 Posts

Quote:

Thanks. .

coachK and sportsguy
Is Spectrum free on Roku? There's no extra charge if you're a Spectrum TV and internet customer. The Roku app is just a portal into content you're already paying for.Jun 21, 2023

Old 08-21-2023, 07:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

We cut the cord with Spectrum TV a few months ago. We continue to use Spectrum for internet...no complaints there, but their TV pricing had gotten ridiculous. Once we eliminated the TV account, we no longer have access to the TV app. Fine with me. We made the switch to YouTube TV, and are very happy so far...and about $30 per month less than Spectrum.

Old 08-21-2023, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
We cut the cord with Spectrum TV a few months ago. We continue to use Spectrum for internet...no complaints there, but their TV pricing had gotten ridiculous. Once we eliminated the TV account, we no longer have access to the TV app. Fine with me. We made the switch to YouTube TV, and are very happy so far...and about $30 per month less than Spectrum.
That's what I figured but just wanted to check.

Hey, anyone have a list of the Spectrum cable channels and other locations to get the same programming? That would be a great list. .

Old 08-21-2023, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,030 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:

Thanks. .

coachK and sportsguy

I tried that. Didn’t work for me. Everything was delayed or recording. Even local news unless you put up and antenna. I even tried different pay streamers. Seems the was always couple channels that I had to have but wasn’t offer. In the end to get can channels I wanted and local channels the cost was almost the same.

Old 08-22-2023, 05:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
That's what I figured but just wanted to check.

Hey, anyone have a list of the Spectrum cable channels and other locations to get the same programming? That would be a great list. .
The only programming I miss that Spectrum had, and YouTube does not, is the A & E network of channels. Part of the A & E Network is the History channel, which I enjoyed. For the time being, that is because YouTube does not have a contract with A & E, but that could change,

Old 08-22-2023, 05:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
When you drop spectrum, be sure to do it the last few days of your billing period. There is no pro rata refund from them.
If we are all set up with streaming, and not using spectrum,
why does it matter whether we cancel the first of the month or the last day of the month?

answer: it doesn't matter, just the sooner the better. .

Old 08-22-2023, 08:18 AM

When you turn in their boxes, save the receipt. Take a picture of it too, in case you cannot find it in a few months when they somehow have no record of you returning that stuff, and want a small fortune to pay for keeping them.
Same advice for XFinity, DirecTV, Dish, etc.

Old 08-22-2023, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
When you turn in their boxes, save the receipt. Take a picture of it too, in case you cannot find it in a few months when they somehow have no record of you returning that stuff, and want a small fortune to pay for keeping them.
Same advice for XFinity, DirecTV, Dish, etc.
great advice!

Old 08-22-2023, 08:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,993 Times in 767 Posts

We use an IPTV app included 33 cable news,129 entertainment, over 600 regional metals from Hawaii to east coast, espn fox sports NESN AT $20 monthly or $150 annually unfortunately no recording with foreign st British, Canada, Australia, NZ and the rest of the world = 7547 stations . Yes we do get all Orlando stations.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
We use an IPTV app included 33 cable news,129 entertainment, over 600 regional metals from Hawaii to east coast, espn fox sports NESN AT $20 monthly or $150 annually unfortunately no recording with foreign st British, Canada, Australia, NZ and the rest of the world = 7547 stations . Yes we do get all Orlando stations.
Be careful.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If HuluLive and YouTubeTV both have to charge $70/month to cover licensing fees and can only legally carry the local stations from the region you are in, is it likely that $150/year for a package that includes all the US local channels is legit?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 08-22-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Be careful.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If HuluLive and YouTubeTV both have to charge $70/month to cover licensing fees and can only legally carry the local stations from the region you are in, is it likely that $150/year for a package that includes all the US local channels is legit?
It's gray market, basically stolen. They better be running a VPN and using a virtual credit card for payment so it can't be tracked back.

Tags
spectrum, app, cut, cable, cord

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.