Help with stolen certified mail?

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2022, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
USPS packages are scanned when marked delivered. GPS coordinates are also recorded and can be retrieved. I had a package go missing once. I went to the PO and they showed the carrier had delivered the package to my mailbox. At the time, I had a hold placed on my mail. Someone stole the package from the mailbox and I never got it back. The PO absolved themselves of any responsibility and suggested that I get the vendor to reship. SMH.
Perhaps, misunderstood. You the customer, the receiver, non-receiver cannot file a claim.
The shipper must file the claim. On line purchases. Wise to pay with credit card. If, item is lost in transit they will withhold payment.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Perhaps, misunderstood. You the customer, the receiver, non-receiver cannot file a claim.
The shipper must file the claim. On line purchases. Wise to pay with credit card. If, item is lost in transit they will withhold payment.
Yep, I get that. The PO screwed this up, not the shipper. On line purchases.. hard to pay with cash. Retailer resent the items.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

[QUOTE=DaleDivine;2113771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post

I don't see anything strange about buying a gemstone. Lots of people do it, especially jewelers.

Aside, we had a friend who did diamond mounting. He is now out of business due to age and foreign competition. Normal diamonds 1-2-3 carrot stones, he had them by the bag full.
Was interesting. They would collect the dust from the mounts and sell it.

Gem stones? Not all,"Gem stones," are diamonds or particularly rare, or VALUABLE. I had a block of Tiger eye at least a pound that i bought at a garage sale and sold on ebay. Garnet is used to make sandpaper.

Read my post, question asked and answered.
Closed Thread

Tags
number, house, transposed, certified, mail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.