Back home from TV month of May visit...True/False..

Old 06-02-2024, 08:01 AM
Default Back home from TV month of May visit...True/False..

The Executive courses are in in the worst shape and whoever is in charge of them should be fired. FALSE.
Played twelve different courses and every one of them were equal to or better condition than last year. Exceptional...Belmont, Heron, Red Fox, Richmond Pitch/Putt

Snowbirds are sticking around longer. True
Restaurants and traffic were much higher through the first week in May than in previous years.

The north is older and less desirable than other areas. False
I must say the golf cart paths are far more confusing in the north but wow with country clubs like Glenview and Nancy Lopez. The north is a Gem.

Real Estate in the Villages is not affected by rates or down turns. False
Prices are dropping and supply is off the charts with more than 1500 homes for sale. Agents, both VLS and MLS were suggesting lower offers on our open house visits. One home priced at 611 dropped to 550K during our visit and the agent sent message stating owner accepting all offers.

Dabney and Lake Denham are in a different state. False
Someone at the pool said this to me (LOL). Good Place to get a value if you don't mind using your car or taking 40 minutes plus golf cart rides.

Eastport has a lottery on homes and lots. False
If there are multiple offers on the same property or site on the same morning then time limits are given in the order received to those wishing to purchase, however, most purchases are simply available or built and ready for sale. View lots sell very quickly.

Obviously, these are just my opinions and I welcome yours...

Last edited by Craig Vernon; 06-02-2024 at 08:03 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-02-2024, 08:27 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,909 Times in 3,714 Posts

That's was fun to play.

Good summation.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:27 AM

It’s always good to hear POV of someone who visits regularly. See you next May
Old 06-02-2024, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,289 Times in 2,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
The Executive courses are in in the worst shape and whoever is in charge of them should be fired. FALSE.
Played twelve different courses and every one of them were equal to or better condition than last year. Exceptional...Belmont, Heron, Red Fox, Richmond Pitch/Putt

Restaurants and traffic were much higher through the first week in May than in previous years.

I must say the golf cart paths are far more confusing in the north but wow with country clubs like Glenview and Nancy Lopez. The north is a Gem.

Prices are dropping and supply is off the charts with more than 1500 homes for sale. Agents, both VLS and MLS were suggesting lower offers on our open house visits. One home priced at 611 dropped to 550K during our visit and the agent sent message stating owner accepting all offers.

Someone at the pool said this to me (LOL). Good Place to get a value if you don't mind using your car or taking 40 minutes plus golf cart rides.

If there are multiple offers on the same property or site on the same morning then time limits are given in the order received to those wishing to purchase, however, most purchases are simply available or built and ready for sale. View lots sell very quickly.

Mostly agree with two minor exceptions. Your observation regarding Executive conditions, while valid, would be very different if you were here during February. The northern golf cart paths are more confusing? I guess it’s just a matter of familiarity, I can navigate the northern areas without even having to think, but I get confused in the southern areas, especially around Brownwood. May is a great month in the Villages, totally different than the winter. After being here all winter, I’ve really enjoyed being here since returning during late May and early June. With beautiful weather, no daily lightning storms (yet), no crowds, and daylight until about 8:30, this place is an endless playground. I go to bed exhausted every night after working in the yard, bike riding, playing 18 holes, and swimming laps at one of the sports pools. The combination of no crowds, cheap golf with fast play and good conditions, and long days totally doesn’t suck : )

Last edited by tophcfa; 06-02-2024 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-02-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell57 View Post
It’s always good to hear POV of someone who visits regularly. See you next May
My wife and I will be back prior to May as we will be purchasing before then...God Willing.
Old 06-02-2024, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Mostly agree with two minor exceptions. Your observation regarding Executive conditions, while valid, would be very different if you were here during February. The northern golf cart paths are more confusing? I guess it’s just a matter of familiarity, I can navigate the northern areas without even having to think, but I get confused in the southern areas, especially around Brownwood. May is a great month in the Villages, totally different than the winter. After being here all winter, I’ve really enjoyed being here since returning during late May and early June. With beautiful weather, no daily lightning storms (yet), no crowds, and daylight until about 8:30, this place is an endless playground. I go to bed exhausted every night after working in the yard, bike riding, playing 18 holes, and swimming laps at one of the sports pools. The combination of no crowds, cheap golf with fast play and good conditions, and long days totally doesn’t suck : )
Friends and I took the golf cart ride from Fernandina up to Nancy and Glenview there are areas where you cut through villa dead end, recreation center parking lot, and GPS stopped working in same areas. Loved every minute of it. It is depressing having to work for another 6 months prior to becoming frogs. Have a Great Day.
Old 06-02-2024, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Friends and I took the golf cart ride from Fernandina up to Nancy and Glenview there are areas where you cut through villa dead end, recreation center parking lot, and GPS stopped working in same areas. Loved every minute of it. It is depressing having to work for another 6 months prior to becoming frogs. Have a Great Day.
Great observations. This is why it is important to come here and do your own research. I am one of those who think Denham and Dabney are isolated from most of the Villages. I would rather be centrally located where I can easily get to MANY golf courses, rec centers, restaurants, doctors, and several squares in a few minutes. I am not a fan of Moultrie Creek and Shady Brook, either. For SEVERAL more reasons than Denham and Dabney. Folks planning to buy or rent in that area should visit at different times of the day, BEFORE buying. Just my opinion. YMMV
Old 06-02-2024, 06:45 PM

I heard that Eastport is considered the middle. Think about what that means.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
The middle of what? It’s all relative to where you park your golf cart at night. We consider Lake Sumter Landing the middle.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hang in there buddy, 6 months will go by fast. You have been doing your homework/research diligently and should transition into the retirement world easily. After spending a few weeks in the Villages full time you won’t need a GPS and will be amazed at the ease of getting around through all the various cut throughs and short cuts. I joke with my wife that getting wherever we need to go via golf cart with no gps, apps, or maps is my daily dementia test. Still passing, so that’s a good thing: )
Old 06-03-2024, 04:48 AM
Veteran member

Keep drinking the sauce.
Old 06-03-2024, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
A new middle is already being planned. Gold Wing Nut said approx every 5 miles a new town square "middle" is planned. They are headed toward Center Hill.

"Middle" is a selling tactic. To me, where is retail besides Publix strip malls? 466 A is that "middle" now with Home Depot now open and Target coming and a large emergency er expansion facility planned.

Eastport is a place to "go" with lots of sport type activity and water feature no more of a "middle" or better than Brownwood. Sawgrass is a place to "go". Need retail from the "middle" of no where... get in your car and head to Clermont, Leesburg, Chapel Hill (?) or Tampa... OR head to 466A, the new actual RETAIL area in middle of T V - 12 years plus old and growing. 44 will eventually fill in of which Brownwood will remain the middle townsquare in T V. They can sell Eastport as such all they want but if one really evaluates what it brings consumers it falls very short as the "middle" besides an "as the crow flies" measurement.

It's all good but imo after living here for several years, I wouldn't let the term "middle" be any type of sales pitch when buying in T V.

As a buyer I would assess wants and NEEDS and pick an area new OR pre-owned. Wait long enough (15 yrs) and yeah, you could be in T V Clermont (kinda doubt T V will be a qaint golf cart community by then though.)
Old 06-03-2024, 06:21 AM

Wishing 6 months of your life to hurry up isn't really a good idea. Perspective changes everything.
Old 06-03-2024, 06:27 AM

Quote:
People are assuming that Eastport will be the "middle" based on the names of "Central Lake and Central Parkway." Maybe, but many of the names in TV are a nod to the Morse family's place of origin which is Central Lake in Northern Michigan, ie. Eastport, Bellaire, Alden, Antrim (all small towns around the beautiful Torch Lake), Grand Traverse, Brownwood, and many more. Google "Brownwood Acres History" Torch Lake, Michigan for any interesting read. Probably a You Tube video or two on Brownwood acres. Their dinner theater was the place to be during the summer months. Lots of fond memories. And if you think TV is beautiful...and it is...nothing compares to the beauty of their original home on or near Torch Lake. You Tube that one.
Old 06-03-2024, 06:48 AM

Quote:

The courses you named were closed for rest and rehabilitation for 2-6 months and reopened in March/April. There were about a dozen courses, maybe more that were unplayable like Red Fish, Bonita Pass, El Diablo. They have been reopened as well and I give them an 8 rating now.

I live up north and I drive thru the villas and rec center parking lot you mention all the time with my eyes closed I’ve done it so much. I bought up here due to the quality of the championship courses WITH practice areas. I can play all the time at Glenview, Lopez, Palmer and occasionally venture out to TDS, Cane Garden, Mallory Hill (30 min drive) and probably never get tired of the golf. I have friends in the Sawgrass area that wanted us to buy near them and because of golf and shopping, we’re here. We have 3 Publix, 2 WDs, a Walmart and Fresh Market all within 15 min in a cart… 2 Aldis and 1 additional WM, Sams and BJs by car plus an HD and Lowes 5-10 min… yes, 44 and places south will continue to expand the offerings but that could be 10 years from now and may never match what we have here..,.. and we’re getting a Costco 10 min away by cart soon.

We bought from original owners, low $300s in 2020, put about $100k in a complete remodel and just love our place.

Tags
false, courses, north, offers, lots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.