HEY GUYS - WE GOT AN OFFER!!! NOW WHAT?

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: HEY GUYS - WE GOT AN OFFER!!! NOW WHAT?

Darby, I emailed you twice already - I think something is the matter with email????
Old 08-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Sage

DD - Congrats to you. Like many of the members here, I have been following your saga since your first postings. How much you wanted to be here but how little was happening with the sale of your house in CO. Then came St Joe and a lot of encouragement from everyone here and voila you have an acceptable offer. Nothing short of miraculous. Your tale should give many others hope. The next 6 months will be extremely hectic but very worthwhile. You will love it.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 PM

Any suggestion for a good moving company (reasonable), small amount maybe 300 cubic feet from Philadelphia to TV?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:48 PM

Congrats Darbyduff! I'm glad St. Joseph helped you as much as he helped us. We moved here ovar a year ago. We are in the Village of Sabal Chase. Even though we love the mature landscaping N. of 466, we knew we wanted to be in Sumter Landing area. We feel that we are in the perfect location! And anyway, trees do grow! I already see a big difference in the landscaping in the past year. If you plan on spending the rest of your life in TV, as we do, you will be seeing huge trees, etc. at some time in the future! Besides, you just hop in your golf cart and go sit under the trees somewhere else! With the conception of Brownwood, being in Sumter Landing area is absolutely the best place to be. You will be near Sumter, and halfway between the other 2 squares. It is just a golf cart ride away! I still like Sumter the best. Good luck whatever you decide to do!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:25 PM

DARBYDUFF, NOW THAT THE FIRST HEADACHE IS OVER WITH HERE COMES THE REST. I AM 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IT IS REAL NERVE RAKING AND EXITING AT THE SAME TIME. LOTS OF LUCK TO BOTH OF US. THE KAR GUY
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 PM

By the way - Did get the E-mails from my 2 new BFF's Karen and Nancy!!!! Thanks guys!!! Sent response's back!

Before I forget- We have one BIG hurdle left to go. We have to get a favorable appraisal!!! Our realtor said he thought it would be really tight but 85% doable. I haven't stopped the Novenas just yet. ;D

Kar Guy I know you are going through a very very busy time right now but let us hear from you and your trials and tribulations! Maybe that way we can eliminate some missteps along the way.

Janet and Carol - Did you say they were offering 10-20 thousand off RANCH'S???? Our realtor down there just told me today that that was only for Designer homes but that they are now offering NO CLOSING COSTS on all new homes.

GoBarb 26 - I think we are of the same mind. I like the "bond paid" on a lot of the older homes and we do love the trees but I think for us, your area is the answer for us. Either Caroline (used), Mallory, Duval, Sable Chase, Liberty or Amelia. I love Sumpter Landing and am not too crazy about going across town to get there sooooooo. How did you make out with the tornado. Last March we saw that parts of Sabal
Chase got hit pretty good. Of course not as bad as Mallory!! That's the area we were looking at when we were there.

Oshunluva - Not out of the woods yet so he's still in the ground but when this is all done, not only are we thanking St Joseph, we may also start attending Catechism classes!!! LOL

Old 08-10-2007, 10:51 PM

Hey Oshunluva,

I'm having a party in the square with Nancy, Karen, Kar Guy, Barb, Steve etc when we are all down there. Wanna come!! :joke: :joke:

If this thing doesn't come together I will just poop!!!! :'( :'(
Old 08-11-2007, 09:47 AM

We're coming down for a few weeks --> Oct 19 to Nov 13 and then returning for Jan/Feb/Mar 2008. Let's meet, greet, eat and party! :joke:

Darbyduff ---- got your email. Will respond soon. I'm so exited for you and hubby! Hope the appraisal goes well and the closing is finalized as planned. Glad to hear there are lots of Colorado people in The Villages -- we'll have to get together.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:47 PM

BOGART - Your invited!!!

Who else wants to join party in the Square? (Sumpter ????)
We'll make sure we are all in the Villages (or visiting!!)
Old 08-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

We'll be down Thanksgiving for the long weekend - if you're having a party - count me in!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Hey Darby,

Just read your post!! CONGRATS..I am so happy for ya..I knew St.Joe was an OK guy!! LOL

I am so jealous...Now you will be there before us!!

All the best to you!!
~Donna~ :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Veteran member

Darby, congratulations! Welcome to the Villages!!!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.