Hi-Fi Club?

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2023, 08:51 PM
Default Hi-Fi Club?

I went down the entire list of Villages clubs. Is there a hi-fi, vintage stereo or audiofile club in The Villages? Any info will be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

After living here 6 years, I haven't heard of any clubs for audiophiles. I'm not exactly sure what you would do at the meetings. Talk about new technology? Old technology? Pass around your headphones to try? Set up times to go to member's houses to listen to their gear? I've got halfway decent equipment and I'm not sure I could handle my jealousy if I went to a member's house who had a truly high-end setup.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,670 Times in 1,506 Posts

No need for Hi-Fi when my ears are
Lo-Fi.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,971 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
After living here 6 years, I haven't heard of any clubs for audiophiles. I'm not exactly sure what you would do at the meetings. Talk about new technology? Old technology? Pass around your headphones to try? Set up times to go to member's houses to listen to their gear? I've got halfway decent equipment and I'm not sure I could handle my jealousy if I went to a member's house who had a truly high-end setup.
Sometimes appreciate what you have and not keeping up with the Jones, Smith’s etc...
Old 02-02-2023, 11:40 AM

lol. At 68 I find I still love my music. Can't hear about 13,000 cycles. Also annoying is the noise floor. I have issues hearing people when there is noise or sound competition present. I can still hear a TV and good talking heads on the news perfectly. Even at low volumes, its about the noise floor as we get older. Also as channels become more woke there are those the cannot enunciate for crap. They are only on the tube because of diversity.
Old 02-02-2023, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,155 Times in 2,250 Posts

IMHO, if the house has a tile floor, there will be so much reflection that any sound system will have lots of problems. We had a neighbor with a carpeted living room, sound absorbing panels installed on the walls, and a really expensive sound system that was great to hear. I gave up after I saw the amount of sound reflections in the typical TV house, and just use a sound bar, even the ceiling installed speakers and medium quality surround sound (7.1) does not sound good.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:21 PM

I live right outside the Villages and I'm a casual audiophile, meaning I like to have good sounding stuff but don't spend a ton of money on it, I like old Pioneer receivers for instance. I'm also in to collecting vinyl, mostly 70s/80s hard rock and heavy metal.
Closed Thread

Tags
hi-fi, villages, club, vintage, info

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.