Hide pool equipment - fence or landscaping

Old 04-04-2024, 08:29 AM
Default Hide pool equipment - fence or landscaping

I'm curious if anyone has first hand knowledge or ideas how to disguise pool equipment?

The way my house sits on the lot makes my pool equipment very visible from the street and I'm looking for ways to make it less conspicuous. I'm hesitant to use bushes as the air conditioner compressor and the pool heater both need clear air and I don't want to introduce unnecessary leaves/dirt and dust. I think I saw in the deed restrictions that a plastic fence no larger than the equipment was allowed.

Obviously I will get with the ARC folks before I do anything but I thought I'd see if any of you folks had experience before I dipped my toe.

Thank you
Old 04-04-2024, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
I'm curious if anyone has first hand knowledge or ideas how to disguise pool equipment?

The way my house sits on the lot makes my pool equipment very visible from the street and I'm looking for ways to make it less conspicuous. I'm hesitant to use bushes as the air conditioner compressor and the pool heater both need clear air and I don't want to introduce unnecessary leaves/dirt and dust. I think I saw in the deed restrictions that a plastic fence no larger than the equipment was allowed.

Obviously I will get with the ARC folks before I do anything but I thought I'd see if any of you folks had experience before I dipped my toe.

Thank you
The ARC Manual for your District should be available on this page. It might spell out exactly what you can and cannot do, particularly the type and size of fence and whether shrubs are an acceptable alternative.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-04-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
The ARC Manual for your District should be available on this page. It might spell out exactly what you can and cannot do, particularly the type and size of fence and whether shrubs are an acceptable alternative.
Thank you! That was simple.

Fences may be used to screen condenser/ compressor units, pool
pumps and related equipment and shall be no higher than 48" and
shall be consistent with the aesthetics of the neighborhood.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,203 Times in 2,271 Posts

I agree with above, neighbor put in a white vinyl fence around 4 feet high, looks very nice and hides most of the pool equipment.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I have a white vinyl fence for the pool equipment and a/c compressor. Came with the house, so no idea where it came from.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,133 Times in 2,768 Posts

Good thread/information. A white vinyl fence around our pool equipment has been a low priority item on my to do list for several years and has now made its way close to the top of the list. Please update on the projects progress. I’m thinking it’s a relatively easy DIY project with parts from Lowel’s?
Old 04-04-2024, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Good thread/information. A white vinyl fence around our pool equipment has been a low priority item on my to do list for several years and has now made its way close to the top of the list. Please update on the projects progress. I’m thinking it’s a relatively easy DIY project with parts from Lowel’s?
I priced what I thought I might need, about $300 and half a days work. I'm going to go to the ARC Monday to discuss.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,133 Times in 2,768 Posts

Quote:
I priced what I thought I might need, about $300 and half a days work. I'm going to go to the ARC Monday to discuss.
Keep me posted, and be careful of buried irrigation lines when digging the fence post holes. Also, consider putting pavers under the fence that come out a few inches so a weed wacker can trim the grass without hitting the fence. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Keep me posted, and be careful of buried irrigation lines when digging the fence post holes. Also, consider putting pavers under the fence that come out a few inches so a weed wacker can trim the grass without hitting the fence. Good luck.
I'm pretty familiar with where the sprinkler lines are, the pool guys have cut each one 4 or 5 times each....

I'm planning to have the entire area behind the fence covered in pavers and a narrow path outside the fence. Again if the ARC approves. I talked it over with Jamie's landscaping and he thinks it's a solid plan so I'm hopeful it all comes together.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:43 AM
Default Hiding the Pool pump equipment

I have a vinyl fence post with lattice (plastic) around mine hides it very well. What else I have done is put a shade sail over the top in tan color that sits just below the top of the enclosure to protect equipment from the harsh Florida sun .

Quote:

Thank you
Old 04-05-2024, 06:53 AM
Default Use both!

I have put podacarpus from the house to the front of the pool equipment on both sides. Then put a double gate across the front for access. I have used a PVC white gate. Then I have shaped the podacarpus with hedge trimmers .
Old 04-05-2024, 07:25 AM

Thank you for considering how the equipment looks to others. Our neighbors don’t see all their equipment, but we do. When I mentioned it, they said nothing was needed.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:27 AM

Quote:

Thank you
Probably obvious, but if you install a white vinyl fence you’ll need to allow for access to valves, filter housing, strainer basket, etc.

Tags
equipment, pool, fence, folks, air

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.