Hiding Utility Boxes in yard

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2019, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulbrooks View Post
Do you have a reference for this broad statement? I've lived in the south for many years with myself and neighbors having wood mulch in our yards. Have never once heard of a case of termites caused by the mulch.
Shredded mulch brings shotgun fungus. Believe me, that fungus plagued my home in NJ and here in The Villages. We paid to have the shredded mulch completely removed from both properties all at the same time. What a mess as it shoots little black spores all over your house and surrounding areas, including cars. To make matters worse, each spot has to be scraped off the surface because it is not easily removed. How many spots you ask??? Thousands!!!!

We had rock installed in our The Villages home. Plants have been happy happy for the past few years.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post

Mulch is a far better landscaping choice for many reasons, as opposed to putting down stones.
We found that landscapers blow out most off the mulch with their clean up after trimming shrubs. Mulch needs topping off way too often. Stones don’t need topping off. Stones are more of an investment initially but well worth the expense.

Tags
priority, access, couple, yard, rocks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.