High Tide band was Fantastic !

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2023, 08:49 AM
Default High Tide band was Fantastic !

Y'all need to come out to Brownwood on Friday the 25th to see a new band to the Villages that ROCKED Spanish Springs last night. HIGH TIDE is the name and this three piece band was Fatastic Real Rock and Roll. So if you're tired of bands saying they play rock and the hardest song they do is a Jimmy Buffett melody then get on down to Brownwood Paddock Friday night. We are riding the HIGH TIDE for sure.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaWard View Post
Y'all need to come out to Brownwood on Friday the 25th to see a new band to the Villages that ROCKED Spanish Springs last night. HIGH TIDE is the name and this three piece band was Fatastic Real Rock and Roll. So if you're tired of bands saying they play rock and the hardest song they do is a Jimmy Buffett melody then get on down to Brownwood Paddock Friday night. We are riding the HIGH TIDE for sure.
You have my attention. Which artists / songs does the band cover. We crave classic rock with a harder edge than we've seen here.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
You have my attention. Which artists / songs does the band cover. We crave classic rock with a harder edge than we've seen here.
They seem to have been around for some time.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...high+tide+band

High Tide (band - Wikipedia)
Old 02-24-2023, 10:16 AM

Whoops. HIGH TIDE Plays SATURDAY night the 25th at Brownwood Paddock.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=AlfaWard;2190968]Y'all need to come out to Brownwood on Friday the 25th to see a new band to the Villages that ROCKED Spanish Springs last night. HIGH TIDE is the name and this three piece band was Fatastic Real Rock and Roll. So if you're tired of bands saying they play rock and the hardest song they do is a Jimmy Buffett melody then get on down to Brownwood Paddock Friday night. We are riding the HIGH TIDE for sure. [/Q

Last edited by walterray1; 02-24-2023 at 11:14 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old 02-24-2023, 11:06 AM

Now, I am not sure if I viewed the correct High Tide on Youtube. Apparently, there is more than one. Can anyone help clarify?
Old 02-24-2023, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

There does seem to be more than one High Tide band since the one in SW Florida has a gig elsewhere on Saturday night
For new bands, I like to see a youtube video (seems everyone has one) or facebook page before heading out , so I know what to expect.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:13 PM

The group with the gold oval logo appears to be the one the OP is referring to, if the videos for Welcome to the Machine (Pink Floyd), Rooster (Alice in Chains), Hey Joe (Hendrix) is them. Seems like any other decent band I've seen at the Brownwood that does that era. There are some good ones that show up.
Old 02-25-2023, 07:06 AM

I saw HighTide for the first time at Spanish Springs and they were fantastic! Santana, ZZ Top, and CCR are just a few of the covers I remember them playing. I took a few videos but can’t figure how to post them on here. Mike Hayes, the lead singer and guitarist, is amazing!
Old 02-25-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Penta is the closest to Classic Rock with a few Hard rock songs, The Hooligans is British Rock and my all time favorite
Old 02-25-2023, 08:18 AM

I think you mean Sat the 25th….we will definitely check them out! Thanks

Quote:
Old 02-25-2023, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Based on a quick listen to their youtube songs, I wouldn't care for them.

By the way if you really want to hear rock, it's not this kind of stuff. Rock and Roll is Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard etc.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Based on a quick listen to their youtube songs, I wouldn't care for them.

By the way if you really want to hear rock, it's not this kind of stuff. Rock and Roll is Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard etc.
We love going to the squares but most of the music is "meh" to me.

Music is very subjective. I don't consider that old music you mention rock.
For me, rock is Metallica, Foo Fighters, U2, Green Day, Led Zeppelin, Sammy Hagar and Van Halen, etc.

I'm tired of the old stuff they play over and over, I really enjoy newer music.
The Hooligans are the best band that plays at TV. But that's just my opinion.
Old 02-25-2023, 10:16 AM
Default I don't believe so

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
The group with the gold oval logo appears to be the one the OP is referring to, if the videos for Welcome to the Machine (Pink Floyd), Rooster (Alice in Chains), Hey Joe (Hendrix) is them. Seems like any other decent band I've seen at the Brownwood that does that era. There are some good ones that show up.
they are a different band. If you look up Hightide with Mike Hayes it is totally different and appear to be more in line with OP's description of the music.
Old 02-25-2023, 10:56 AM

If it's the correct video I saw, for some reason or another, I can't stand the base player, too much fakery in him...
I pass!
Closed Thread

Tags
high, band, tide, friday, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.