Hillsborough

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Default Hillsborough

Hi all. We are new to the Villages and looking for a home.We looked at one in Hillsborough and liked it. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of living there? How is the shopping, traffic, crime etc. I really appreciate any responses as we are kind of overwhelmed at the moment.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Platinum member

Pro - Really close to Brownwood
Con_ Really far from Spanish Springs
Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I suggest you rent something here before you jump in.....there is a lot to lean and understand and this place isn't for everybody. We rented for a couple years for multiple months before we bought in Hillsborough. We bought down here because we wanted a location where everything was new and would have a younger group of neighbors that were also new. The other pro's are the neighborhoods are newer, there is more wetlands, it's close to Leesburg and has less traffic. It is farther from Spanish Springs but that is relative to what you consider far away but that assumes there is a reason to go there.....the big box stores are above Spanish Springs and that could be a 20 minute car ride. Lake Sumter Landing is about 25 minutes by cart and 10 minutes by car. All this means is there is a lot to consider before you jump in so take time to understand as much as you can.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We are very happy in Hillsborough. CEdwards is right: we are close to Brownwood and not close to Spanish Springs. We are pretty close to Lake Sumter. I like The restaurants At Brownwood, the Farmers Market on saturday. Publix and Winn Dixie are Very close. Depending upon where you are coming from and your personal circumstances, renting is a great idea.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

We recently bought our third home in TV and it's in LaBelle. We like our location. There will be 4 executive courses very close and Belle Glade Country Club is like in our backyard. Colony Plaza is 10 minutes or so and the Adult pool and mailboxes 3 blocks. Brownwood and Sumter Landing are not that far either by car or golf cart. It's not that far down to 44 and an access to the Turnpike.

You should Prioritize what is really important to you. All Villages have there good "points" and where you live in TV depends where and what you plan doing to spend the majority of your time.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Veteran member

what's not to like.....more amenities, easy access to outside the bubble, the shopping will increase as the population grows and I feel the growth potential for businesses is down south.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 AM

I've been here for 11 years. Came at 51. Love TV. I live near Lake Sumter. I like being in the middle. I can take my golf cart to Aldi on Hwy 441, Lopez, and Brownwood. A 20-25 minute ride to either. One thing to consider is are you a golfer? If you are planning to get in with a group, would you ride in your golf cart to Glenview and Lopez, etc? My experience is that the folks who live on the "edge" - around Lopez, Orange, and Brownwood don't want to spend 30-40 minutes each way driving a golf cart to the course. This takes away one of the things that makes TV a special place - being able to go anywhere in a cart.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We live in Hillsborough and I will take the cart to Glenview, approx 45 minutes. If Lopez that's the car and I rent a cart to play (10 bucks). Spanish Springs is about 40 minutes by cart. My wife has her cart, I have mine and we have one car. Works for us.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Platinum member

We live in Lynnhaven, super close to Buffalo Ridge shopping center (walmart, publix) and 8 minutes to LSL by cart and 15 minutes by cart to Spanish Springs. Brownwood is a hike for us, but we love being close to Arnold Palmer and Nancy Lopez. Every location in TV is wonderful and I am sure you will find a place that fits you!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Gold member

Con. Too far out. Best location is near Sumter square. Centrally located
Old 06-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Gold member

Another con to keep in mind. Bonds way too high out in new area. Brown wood not the best square
Old 06-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
what's not to like.....more amenities, easy access to outside the bubble, the shopping will increase as the population grows and I feel the growth potential for businesses is down south.
More amenities?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
We live in Lynnhaven, super close to Buffalo Ridge shopping center (walmart, publix) and 8 minutes to LSL by cart and 15 minutes by cart to Spanish Springs. Brownwood is a hike for us, but we love being close to Arnold Palmer and Nancy Lopez. Every location in TV is wonderful and I am sure you will find a place that fits you!
We also live in mid Villages close to Buffalo Ridge.
Resale locations can't be beat - convenient to everything, lower bonds, less expensive view lots.
There is no "bad" location in The Villages, and I'm sure Hillsborough is lovely. Most of us love our own Village.
Closed Thread

Tags
hillsborough, traffic, crime, shopping, living, kind, overwhelmed, moment, responses, cons, villages, home.we, looked, give, pros

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.