Another Line Dancing Question

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Sage
Default Another Line Dancing Question

Come on you regular line dancers out there...

If somebody wanted to learn...let's say...ten of the most popular, most frequently used line dances, where might they be available to learn? Are they on YouTube? Are they shown on the Villages Line Dance Community website?

( Villages Line Dance Community – Promoting Camaraderie and Friendship Throughout the Villages, FL Line Dance Community )

Somewhere else possibly?

And if you want to recommend the best classes to learn frequently used line dances, that would be fine too. But this post is mostly looking for ways to learn dances at home, videos, etc...those dances that appear most frequently at the squares.

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:59 PM
fw102807

Try this

Videos – Villages Line Dance Community
Old 08-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Thanks. Much appreciated. Honest! But that’s the website I linked in my op. Heheh.

I’m actually looking to identify some (maybe ten or so) of those dances that are used most frequently at the squares.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Go to the classes for beginners you'll learn to do them right. I think Rohan has a good beginner class.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Go to the classes for beginners you'll learn to do them right. I think Rohan has a good beginner class.
Heheh. I’m not advanced. But I’m not a beginner either. I’m just trying to find out some of the most frequently used dances.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I have taught myself dances from YouTube, but you have to know the name of the dance first. For instance, I wanted to learn "Hello Dolly" and there is a couple of minutes of steps in the middle of the dance that I could not get at a class, so I YouTubed the dance and learned it here at home. I am sure you know that you can stop and start YouTube whenever you want. Also, I used to download the steps and music to a dance from a site on line and right this minute I cannot think what it is called, but I will do a search for you and if I can get this old brain working, I will send you the link.

I used to dance several times a week. Most of my instructors at that time have retired and I am no longer into dancing.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Oh my goodness, I found the site that I used to use: Copperknob at:

CopperKnob - Beginners Guide

Great site. You get the usic and the dance steps and a video of them dancing. Now all you need is to know the name of the dance!

Just for the hxxl of it look for Hello Dolly, or Canoo. Also check out Jan Walters jammin-with-jan-and-fan-club@googleg...oglegroups.com>;

Jan is a great teacher and you might even email her and see if she can assist you.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-07-2019, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Heheh. I’m not advanced. But I’m not a beginner either. I’m just trying to find out some of the most frequently used dances.
The Electric Slide
The Macarena
The Cha-Cha slide
Boot-scootin Boogie
Texas Waltz (partner line dance)
Old 08-07-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The Electric Slide
The Macarena
The Cha-Cha slide
Boot-scootin Boogie
Texas Waltz (partner line dance)
Now there’s a start.

Anybody got some more?

Last edited by Polar Bear; 08-07-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
line, dances, learn, frequently, possibly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.