Historic side pools to be lighted by October

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Thumbs up Historic side pools to be lighted by October

From our favorite on-line newspaper that goes without its name here:

"Light installation to bring back swimming at night by October"
July 9, 2014 By Meta Minton

"Lights should be installed by October and night swimming will return to Villages pools in Lake County.

The pools at Chula Vista, Southside, Hilltop and Paradise were ordered earlier this year to begin closing at dusk by the Lake County Office of the Florida Department of Health.

In an April 8 inspection, a department of health inspector determined that after nearly two decades, the pools don’t have the proper lighting to allow for night-time swimming, a tradition long enjoyed at those pools. The pools had been open until 11 p.m.

With the installation of lights, which should cost in the neighborhood of $100,000 in total, night swimming will return.

District Manager Janet Tutt made the announcement in Wednesday’s Amenity Authority Committee meeting."

Old 07-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Sage

Gonna put a damper on the skinny dipping parties.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:59 AM
Sage

njbchbum, Thank you for posting this. Although I am a short timer renting in Silver Lake, when I have been to the Southside pool I know several people I talked to at the pool have been missing the later hours for the pools on the Historical Side of TV.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Looking forward to being able to swim in these pools again .......especially during the summer months when an evening swim is so refreshing.
Often wondered why the rest of the community doesn't have lighted pools. Puzzling????
Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Sage

In prior discussions, it was reported that Sumter County has different rules about allowing night swimming. Not sure about Marion County.

The pools allowing night swimming are all located in Lake County.

Different rules for different counties.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Sage

As long as they are upgrading the lights, what about 24 hour swimming? That would be great, where do I start a petition? Why stop at 11pm?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
As long as they are upgrading the lights, what about 24 hour swimming? That would be great, where do I start a petition? Why stop at 11pm?
My guess would be out of courtesy to neighbors!

Old 07-10-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
In prior discussions, it was reported that Sumter County has different rules about allowing night swimming. Not sure about Marion County.

The pools allowing night swimming are all located in Lake County.

Different rules for different counties.

I anticipated there were different rules for different counties. However, to whom do we speak to about getting these rules amended and possible additional pools open with lights installed? Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpierleo View Post
I anticipated there were different rules for different counties. However, to whom do we speak to about getting these rules amended and possible additional pools open with lights installed? Does anyone have any recommendations?
Go to the lighted pools...enjoy new atmosphere and friends....

The sign will be out there too...
Old 07-11-2014, 05:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpierleo View Post
You would need to go to through the Amenities Authority Committee. You may speak at any of the meetings during the public comment portion, but you really should do a little homework and be prepared before you speak. They are very helpful and will explain everything to you.

You can contact your AAC representative:

Gary Moyer (VCCDD) gary.moyer@districtgov.org 753-6790
Carl Bell (District 1) Carl.Bell@districtgov.org 750-1251
Ann Forrester (District 2) Ann.Forrester@districtgov.org 259-3339
John Wilcox (District 3) Chair John.Wilcox@districtgov.org 259-1716
Rich Lambrecht (District 4) rich.lambrecht@districtgov.org 751-4380
Josephine “Jo” Weber (Lady Lake/Lake County) Vice Chair jo.weber@districtgov.org 750-1278

The Amenity Authority Committee meets monthly on the Wednesday before the Second Friday at 9:00 a.m. and their meetings are held at the Savannah Center, Ashley-Wilkes Room.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I really miss going for my late night swim. I helps me sleep. Too bad we have to wait until October. That's when the swimming season begins to wind down.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.