Holding a drink at the square

Old 05-25-2024, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,430 Times in 4,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I think it was a great idea. Who wants to sit in the sun. More room for the people who come
Agreed. If it's a band I want to watch/listen to, I head right for the bleachers...

Or, I grab one of the many benches on the outskirts of the square, listen to the music and people watch...

-Tom Petty

Old 05-26-2024, 03:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Wonder how much use it will get? You are strapped on and should not get hurt but looking down not sure my heart will appreciate me being so high up.
We used the wall at our gym once a week. It requires quick decisions on route best taken. Sometimes you made decisions that left you stranded, or reach was too far to advance, causing you to swing away. Once you reach the top felt accomplishment, decisions on was there a better route, then catapult down and start again.

Have fear of heights, but walls aren’t that high so no worries. My guess is they will have classes to learn proper climb, and clubs will form blocking out times.

Its really not that hard, then again employees were on the ropes, and you trusted them.

Old 05-26-2024, 06:20 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
My nominee for foolish post of the year
That post and the one to get rid of all alligators to protect senior citizens.

Old 05-26-2024, 06:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,194 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Shows how clever people in south are.
Northern villagers can either stand (in some cases) or hold a drink, (probably need both hands as well) very rarely can they manage both!

Cheers
The “people” in the North are less fit?

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Old 05-26-2024, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts
Default Thought the civil war was over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Shows how clever people in south are.
Northern villagers can either stand (in some cases) or hold a drink, (probably need both hands as well) very rarely can they manage both!

Cheers

Old 05-26-2024, 09:14 AM
Veteran member

I'm confused by this thread. I only skimmed a lot of posts. But I am not a dancer, but I like to stand and watch a band if I like them. I hold my drink and drink it. I can stand and drink and I can sit and drink. I can do both and hold a cup without taking a sip (usually between sips).

Old 05-26-2024, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,082 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopat View Post
I noticed the farther south I go, the more people in the dance area standing up, not dancing, but holding a drink. Maybe sipping, but mostly holding. I wonder if they notice the farther north they go, people are dancing. If they're drinking, they're sitting or standing elsewhere, not on the dance area. But actively drinking.

I don't mean it in a negative or positive way, just an observation.
Maybe they can’t dance anymore or never could and just like listen to music?

Old 05-26-2024, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I'm confused by this thread. I only skimmed a lot of posts. But I am not a dancer, but I like to stand and watch a band if I like them. I hold my drink and drink it. I can stand and drink and I can sit and drink. I can do both and hold a cup without taking a sip (usually between sips).
The point that you seem to be missing, or perhaps deliberately ignoring, is that by just STANDING on the dance floor, you are taking up space that should be reserved for those who want to DANCE.

I was at Brownwood a while back and noticed the same thing. My wife and I like to dance, but there wasn't enough room to dance on the dance floor for all the people just standing there with a drink in their hand and gawking at the band. You would think they had never seen a live band before.

If you don't intend to dance, then why are you taking up space on the dance floor? Park your butt in the bleachers or in one of the chairs provided in front of the bleachers and leave the dance floor for the dancers.

Old 05-26-2024, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. C. Rider View Post
The point that you seem to be missing, or perhaps deliberately ignoring, is that by just STANDING on the dance floor, you are taking up space that should be reserved for those who want to DANCE.

I was at Brownwood a while back and noticed the same thing. My wife and I like to dance, but there wasn't enough room to dance on the dance floor for all the people just standing there with a drink in their hand and gawking at the band. You would think they had never seen a live band before.

If you don't intend to dance, then why are you taking up space on the dance floor? Park your butt in the bleachers or in one of the chairs provided in front of the bleachers and leave the dance floor for the dancers.
I have every right to stand there and watch a band as someone that chooses to dance. Just because you move doesn't give you more right to be in a certain area. Jeez, entitled much? Plus I've seen you folks dancing and it ain't pretty. Maybe you should plant your asses in the bleachers.

Old 05-26-2024, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,082 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The “people” in the North are less fit?
But southerners whine a LOT

Old 05-27-2024, 04:52 AM
Veteran member

It’s amazing people can stand and drink. I would to see them stand and not drink.

Old 05-27-2024, 05:49 AM
Veteran member

As someone who’s never been to a square to dance or watch the band my question is why would anyone prefer standing on the dance floor vs sitting in a seat? The seat seems way more comfortable. I’m genuinely curious why anyone would prefer standing and holding a drink in your hand vs sitting and putting the drink down?

Old 05-27-2024, 05:54 AM

I like to stand on the dance floor with a drink or dance in the bleachers.

Old 05-27-2024, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraines View Post
I also wonder whose bright idea it was to put bleachers in an area of senior citizens such as they have at Brownwood.
We love the bleachers! We sit at the top and people/band watch while we enjoy a drink. Great view! Plus the huge fans feel great. We have no trouble climbing the stairs at 70, even with some arthritis because they aren’t very high.

Old 05-27-2024, 06:12 AM
Default Rock Wall

Quote:
Wonder how much use it will get? You are strapped on and should not get hurt but looking down not sure my heart will appreciate me being so high up.
I’m sure everybody will have all their little grandchildren at the rock wall and running loose like wild Indians on the dance floor cause they’re so cute.

Tags
holding, dance, dancing, standing, drinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.