The holdings of the developers.

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Citrus county's major economic problem is the disabled nuclear reactor in Crystal River. After Progress Energy damaged the reactor by trying to repair cracks itself, Duke Energy has announced it will abandon the reactor.

Also in Levy County, the proposed nuclear reactor has been put on hold and Duke Energy is refusing to pay a lot of it's property taxes to the county.
THAT and there is NO big business to keep the economy alive in those counties. Before Morse, people were raising cattle and trying to raise fruit off this sandy soil and since it was inland it wasn't much for tourism..

Three cheers for free enterprise and someone who works hard and becomes rich. The quintessential AMERICAN dream.

In this country, it still holds true. If you get up early and work hard and sacrifice and save and bypass instant gratification and worry... and if you have a very good idea, you will collect more money than you need, which to me is being rich.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
I have been told differently by a source that would know
Terry Yoder owns T & D. He also has his hands in many businesses.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Veteran member

My guess would be that they stay heavily involved with Citizens for a while. With a family member firmly in place as VP, soon to be head honcho, this is where they see the future. 120,000 residents, with a mojority with money in their bank, thats a ton of fees that can be collected! Easy money.......
Old 04-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Bonny is right. Terry Yoder and his wife own T & D. Along with many other companies in this area.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Sage

Are you suspicious and seething over the holdings of Bill Gates if you own a Windows computer? Or over the holdings of Steve Jobs and his estate if you own an iPhone or iPad or your kids used an AppleII or Macintosh in grade school??

And if you want to talk about lobbyists in the legislature, how about chewing on this:

Top National Donors

Based on Combined State and Federal Contributions, 2007-2008
When powerful corporations or special interest groups find themselves with cash to spend on politics, they routinely spread it across the country in an attempt to curry favor with politicos ranging from tiny states' assembly members to the highest-profile U.S. Senators.

Use this list to track what groups funneled the most campaign money to political candidates, committees and interests at both the state and national level.

Top National Donors | OpenSecrets
Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

According to the FCC data base and the Florida Secretary of State, the Morse family does continue to have at least a percentage of ownership of WVLG under the corporate name of Villages Communications, Inc.

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/cdbs_...724&formid=322
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Not sure it is a safe bet!
Not at all. In fact that's a very odd statement to make. Morse Industries and those who operate on Villages property employ people, pay taxes, support local churches and charities and contribute to the general expansion of the area.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,028 Times in 1,208 Posts

Richard Schwartz owns the property with the golf course that is on CR 466. It is for sale and he built, and lives in a home in Laurel Valley of Bridgeport.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
H. Morse - Executive Profile

It is no secret that The Villages IS the Morse family. But someone help me list all of the entities they own or have recently owned and sold to others.

Here are some they own;

Southern Lifestyles Furniture
Showcase Direct Furniture
Citizens First Bank

I know by doing this I wll get posts from the Morse haters and the Morse lovers and those who are thinking about moving here.

I think there is a better link than above and if anyone can find it...please post it.
We all know they are filthy rich. Why should we be concerned about just how much of our day to day lives they control through their many holdings?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Veteran member

Curious, how is the Wise guy related to the Morse/Schwartz family?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Maybe that is why the IRS is investigating. No one can figure it out?
I'll bet they are well paid for trying though!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Default T&D Family of companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
T&D Pool-Retail / Service / Installation
T&D Concrete
NOT owned by The villages
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

There's ownership and there's "ownership". I wouldn't be surprised at all if Morse & family had minority investment interests in any number of businesses operating within TV. In fact, it would make very good sense.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimball View Post
We all know they are filthy rich. Why should we be concerned about just how much of our day to day lives they control through their many holdings?
You know... I'm completely surprised and actually blown away by the "hit piece" Graciegirl posted. In all fairness, I've never met the lady, but have previously enjoyed her posts.

I'm actually quite shocked she started a thread (and added to it).

In my humble opinion, folks like the Morse's are few and far between. I'm only 49, but someday hope we'll choose The Villages for retirement.

Again, in my opinion, the Morse's are complete visionaries and deserve ALL the financial rewards that come their way.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

G-Person doesn't need me to stand up for her, but where in God's name did you get the idea that Gracie's post is some sort of "drive-by" hit? All she was doing was talking about just what all does Morse Industries own? I don't see anything about it as a "hit". Actually I think it's sort of fun to try and come up with a list of just what's on the Morse family's "Monopoly Board". There's no malice there.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.