Hole in the Wall

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandwk View Post
My wife and I live in Santiago. The upgrade of the golf cart trails in this area had everyone detouring through the hole in the wall at Savannah Center. This undoubtedly irritated those living in the villas in Azteca Loop, and several times the detour signs were moved and barriers placed in front of the hole in the wall by someone showing their irritation. I can understand their feelings. Golf carts revving up between the speed bumps all hours of the day and night right outside their bedroom windows must be hard to take.

The detour through there has ended, finally. If I am not mistaken they closed the hole in the wall temporarily for some minor repairs/construction. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Those folks had all those speed bumps and stop signs put in. (Oh Well) live with it
Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage

Forgot to mention Cracker Barrel, Wachova Bank, Takis, Sonic, and others.

Winner gets a free trip on the HCM Trail.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Sage

bump of: Is there any shortcut from the Springdale fitness trail down to El Camino Real?

Chuckinca? Zcaveman? Anybody?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Forgot to mention Cracker Barrel, Wachova Bank, Takis, Sonic, and others.

Winner gets a free trip on the HCM Trail.

"All expenses paid, guided tour - daylight hours only. Complete with a robotic landmine search unit............."

Bill
Old 11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
We keep thinking that maybe someday that path will be 'improved' somehow. Personally, I don't see that happening.
I think it will eventually... when there are more medical and commercial business' built in the vacant firelds and their parking areas extended.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Sage

Currently there are only two areas that are unpaved. Short path thru bushes between Wal-Mart and Aldi - 50 yards? Open area between Lowe's and Med Offices - maybe 300 yards? People (?) have installed boards as ramps at concrete curbs from the fields to the paved areas.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 11-16-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
bump of: Is there any shortcut from the Springdale fitness trail down to El Camino Real?

Chuckinca? Zcaveman? Anybody?
Not really. You go through the Lopez tunnel and then take a right and go up to Belle Meade Circle and back down to the Piedmont gate. It is an extra 8-9 minutes from my house on Poplar. They were supposed to open the path from Piedmont to Belleaire but as of yesterday it was still out on the road. After that you have the opened path from Belleaire to Glenview and then a over the dirt ride to the Savannah tunnel and then onto Camino Real. Today's bulletin from Eva says that the entire path down to Buenos Aires is to be opened today. I will see this afternoon.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.