Hole in the Wall

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Platinum member
Default Hole in the Wall

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but it looks to me that they are going to close up the Hole in the Wall at the Savannah Center. Does anyone know more about this. If this is true, it will eliiminate a potentially dangerous situation of golf carts traveling thru the Savannah Center parking lot, but it will create another, possibly more dangerous situation for carts exiting from the Village of Santiago who are turning South onto the El Camino Real cart path. Traffic is already very congested at the Santiago gate at times and having a cart holding up traffic waiting to turn left for incoming cars is really going to irritate impatient drivers wanting to leave the Village of Santiago.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Sage

Hole in the wall at Savannah Center? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's that?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Platinum member

That's the nickname for the short cut thru the fence at the back parking lot at the SC.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Sage

Thanks. Amazing the things you learn around here.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Sage

Do you know where the Ho Chi Mihn Trail is in TV?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post

I don't want to live there !!! I was at the real one in Viet Nam and it wasn't pretty......
Old 11-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Sage

Quote:

If you're talking about the "back road" from the Historic Section to the stores north of there on 27/441..................Sandy and I call that "The Road Through Beirut"!!!!!! Gotta go slow and watch where you're steering the golf cart!

Bill
Old 11-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Red face Hole in Wall

According to Eva Rey. VCCD Purchasing Director the person responsible for communicating status of the cart path upgrade projects, there are no plans to close this access. On at least one occasion about 3weeks ago, someone between 7PM and 9PM pulled a nearby construction barrier in front of the hole in wall. It was removed next AM by the contractor.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerboy View Post
According to Eva Rey. VCCD Purchasing Director the person responsible for communicating status of the cart path upgrade projects, there are no plans to close this access. On at least one occasion about 3weeks ago, someone between 7PM and 9PM pulled a nearby construction barrier in front of the hole in wall. It was removed next AM by the contractor.
My wife and I live in Santiago. The upgrade of the golf cart trails in this area had everyone detouring through the hole in the wall at Savannah Center. This undoubtedly irritated those living in the villas in Azteca Loop, and several times the detour signs were moved and barriers placed in front of the hole in the wall by someone showing their irritation. I can understand their feelings. Golf carts revving up between the speed bumps all hours of the day and night right outside their bedroom windows must be hard to take.

The detour through there has ended, finally. If I am not mistaken they closed the hole in the wall temporarily for some minor repairs/construction. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Platinum member

Construction workers had it closed and they were tearing up the concrete and everybody had to detour back to the Santiago gate (there were no signs indicating it was closed). We'll see what happens in the next few days!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Eternal Member

From Eva's weekly note:

o The “Hole-in-the-Wall” at the Savannah Center will be closed to all traffic starting at 7:00am on Monday, November 15th and will reopen on Wednesday, November 17th by noon.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Platinum member

Thank-you!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Sage

Quote:

Chuckinca, I don't know but would love to. Where is it? Also is there any shortcut from the Springdale fitness trail down to El Camino Real? Thanks.

Last edited by Pturner; 11-16-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: missing words
Old 11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
If you're talking about the "back road" from the Historic Section to the stores north of there on 27/441..................Sandy and I call that "The Road Through Beirut"!!!!!! Gotta go slow and watch where you're steering the golf cart!

Bill

That's the one - Historic TV to Med Offices, Lowe's, Beall's, Aldi, Wal-Mart and others.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Sage

"So chuck, tell them what they've won!!!" Hee-hee!

We keep thinking that maybe someday that path will be 'improved' somehow. Personally, I don't see that happening. We're just glad there's at least SOME route that's passable to allow access to all those facilities.

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.