Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Default Brownwood

Is there any word when the opening of Brownwood is? We are trying to schedule our fall vist around that time.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Menna View Post
Is there any word when the opening of Brownwood is? We are trying to schedule our fall vist around that time.
I have been watching the building of Brownwood videos each month. The most recent one (Episode 5) came out approx. 2 weeks ago. You can see from the Episode 5 video that they are starting to make real progress on Brownwood. The only date mentioned in the video and from everything else I have read on TOTV is rather vague -- "in the fall." I'm betting the powers that be have a detailed construction schedule with a more definite anticipated opening date that is not released to the public yet.

I am also planning my second visit to TV this year for the fall. I'm pretty much committed to mid-October visit because of family obligations. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Brownwood is open by October 20.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Sage

Nothing but rumors right now, but Mark Morse did announce 1 signed lease for a restaurant.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Gold member

Not sure but I thought Mark Morse mentioned in The State of The Villages presentation, last week, that the first parts of Brownwood will be opening sometime in September.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I am also planning my second visit to TV this year for the fall. I'm pretty much committed to mid-October visit because of family obligations. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Brownwood is open by October 20.
I hope that Brownwood is open for when you and Ray visit, but you know how construction goes. Sometimes there are delays beyond the developers control. Should it not be completed by your visits at least know that you'll be able to at least get a decent view (albiet not ideal) from all four sides of Brownwood. I've seen it from all four sides in it's current state and even that's pretty interesting in and of itself. It may not be what your hoping forl, but it at least gives you peace of mind knowing that there will be some satisfaction in that second best option. Good luck guys and have have a wonderful visit!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,462 Times in 2,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Menna View Post
Go here to sign up for the monthly V-Mail.
The Villages - Vmail Signup
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

A waitress at Speckled Butterbeans, where many of the construction workers eat, said the movie theatre will open in august.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

I was told by the manager of City Fire that they would be oprning their Brownwood location in late Sept. or October.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Sage

The last I heard on V-mail was Brownwood, phase 1 would open this fall. They weren't sure at that time how many phases but speculated 3 or 4.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.