Home inspections on a new home

Old 01-19-2024, 01:17 PM

Not necessary. You should have a one year warranty on your new home. We found the warranty dept to be very responsive to even small problems, Get your inspection towards the end of your year before your warranty expires.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:48 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Mudge View Post
Give Douglas Mudge a call 352-915-9084
Ooooooooooooooooooooooo, I get your first post now.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I don’t think it is necessary and would think it is rare. When we bought ours we did a walk through when we were giving the deposit and made a list of some obvious things that were fixed right away. Many/most do a walkthrough the day of closing with the developer or warranty dept I believe. This we didn’t do as we closed through the mail. On our first trip down our son who is a contractor went through the house and made a list of all the issues he found. We let the warranty dept know and I think we had 6-7 different vendors at the house over time. We never did a 1 year inspection since we had everything taken care of already. Long answer to say do what makes you feel comfortable.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam View Post
What do you think about having an independent home inspector looking at a new home before you buy it ? It it really needed? Can anyone recommend independent inspectors in the villages ?
Thanks

Have the inspection. “New houses are covered by warranty for the first year” doesn’t cut it. Why? You have to find the issue. If the problem occurs after one year, you will have to pay for the repair. Pay the $350 to have an independent inspector go through your home at purchase AND before your 1 year anniversary.

Ive owned two homes here. During both inspections, the inspectors found issues that go back to construction. Issues that were not identified because “your house is under warranty for the first year”
Old 01-20-2024, 09:01 AM
Default Yes

Quote:
What do you think about having an independent home inspector looking at a new home before you buy it ? It it really needed? Can anyone recommend independent inspectors in the villages ?
Thanks
Do it on day of close have them complete the 7 day punch list and file to warranty. They had to cut open kitchen ceiling to add 5 feet of insulation that got removed when dry wall went up. It is worth doing.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:56 AM
Default Home Inspection's on a New Home

Quote:
Thanks
I would recommend it. I had one done prior to receiving my Home Inspectors License and they found a window that wouldn't stay open. You can also ask the Inspection Company if the will do a punch list as part of the inspection as well.

Home - Central Florida Home Inspections
Old 01-20-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
New homes are covered by a warranty, so I stand by my previous reply.
I agree about D’Angelo and all that you said. I am a retired commercial mortgage lender, and I can tell you that you need to have the home inspected and the repairs done by the warranty folks (who are terrific here) before the one year is up.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:00 PM

your real estate agent should be able to give you a name or two
Old 01-21-2024, 08:09 PM

Hawkeye home inspection is who I used he found over 60 items..
Old 01-22-2024, 11:51 AM

We also used Frank D'Angelo for our 1 yr home inspection. Very satisfied.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I had an inspector go through my new home when I moved into The Villages. He found quite a few things that I most likely would not have found. The builder corrected everything without any issues.

It was worth the price of the inspection IMHO

The fella I used is retired now, he recommends Frank D'Angelo
Old 01-22-2024, 10:22 PM
Default New Home Inspections Are Important

The walkthrough after closing with the builder and realtor is often done with biased eyes. A Home Inspector will locate things that are not noticed by the above mentioned parties. The owner may notice things as they live in their home but some items will just not be found. Examples that I have found as a licensed home inspector are windows that are very difficult to open, scratches on the upper side of windows that are only noticed with the blinds pushed all the way up, hollow spots in tile flooring, soffits that are open to outside animals, broken sprinkler heads, smoke alarms that were not hard wired, cracked shower grout, missing under cabinet calling etc…… I recommend an inspection within the first week of purchase and then at 11 months if the owner feels they need one.

Tags
home, independent, buy, villages, inspectors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.