Home insurance

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2021, 09:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

It's pretty easy to find cheaper insurance rates but it's how they treat your claims if you happen to have one. I don't think I've heard anybody say they've had a good experience with their claim issues yet.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:31 AM

Insuring a mobile home is different than a house. Progressive is a company that Insures mobile homes. I also think AllState insures them also. Best thing to do is just start calling different companies. If you Goggle your question you may find more companies. Good Luck!!
Old 04-26-2021, 11:00 AM
Send a message via ICQ to willis100 Send a message via AIM to willis100 Send a message via Yahoo to willis100 Send a message via Skype™ to willis100
Default Best quote

I found the best price for my manufactured home at Brightway Insurance Agency | Get a Quote
Have never filed a claim so don't know about that.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:24 PM
Veteran member
Default ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy View Post
Garrett Johnson of the Southern Insurance Group has saved us money on our auto and homeowners insurance for the last five years.
Southern Ins Group is good. I just got Tower Hill Insurance thru them at a pretty reasonable rate.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
It's pretty easy to find cheaper insurance rates but it's how they treat your claims if you happen to have one. I don't think I've heard anybody say they've had a good experience with their claim issues yet.
Include me in (though not about insuring a mobile home). ! I had a "good experience" with a claim with AAA South—one of the many roof claims we hear about lately. Friends recommended their roofing company, explaining what a superb job they had done on their new roof. I just contacted their roofing company.

The roofing foreman walked our roof and said there was damage, and I realized two things: First, no matter what the roofing company rep says, it's still up to the insurance company adjuster who, in fact, did approve it. Second, a neighbor asked the roofing company rep to check her roof while he was here, and after examining the roof, the rep said he didn't think her home would qualify, that there wasn't enough damage to warrant it—and he was right—that is, the roofing company is not saying that every roof needs to be replaced.

I've heard enough nightmarish stories of people having to confront their own insurance company—and getting nowhere. I could not have been more pleased with AAA South's fair coverage!
Old 04-26-2021, 10:49 PM

Try WEINSURE located on 441 lady lake
Manager is Megan Kashman.

Tel# 877-677-4063
email: csr@weinsuregroup.com
Old 04-27-2021, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I am looking to hear your recommendations and/or red flags about HOME INSURANCE companies and agents in TV. Any details regarding rates and/or claims for a 2 bdrm, 2 bath mobile home would be helpful.
The Villages Insurance steered me to an unstable home insurer (American Integrity) who would not pay a claim, the doubled my premium. Very disappointed. I switched to Farmers, using an Orlando agent. Much more reasonable premium, much more stable company.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:22 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Include me in (though not about insuring a mobile home). ! I had a "good experience" with a claim with AAA South—one of the many roof claims we hear about lately. Friends recommended their roofing company, explaining what a superb job they had done on their new roof. I just contacted their roofing company.

The roofing foreman walked our roof and said there was damage, and I realized two things: First, no matter what the roofing company rep says, it's still up to the insurance company adjuster who, in fact, did approve it. Second, a neighbor asked the roofing company rep to check her roof while he was here, and after examining the roof, the rep said he didn't think her home would qualify, that there wasn't enough damage to warrant it—and he was right—that is, the roofing company is not saying that every roof needs to be replaced.

I've heard enough nightmarish stories of people having to confront their own insurance company—and getting nowhere. I could not have been more pleased with AAA South's fair coverage!
Yep - I got a home/auto bundle with AAA. Not only did they beat everyone's rate, but even factoring in the cars it was less expensive than any competitor.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doecats View Post
also if you go thru the villages they prohibit you from contacting the insurance company directly. that is put into your file at the insurance company.
They told me this directly, and as long as I get a good competitive insurance quote, I’m ok with it. If the insurance company they recommend doesn’t live up to par, guess who is going to get the really bad PR for it?

Like when you shop around for a car, you need to do your own diligent research, including evaluating and researching each insurance company you would consider. Go into their ratings, reviews, BBB and history etc, be your own insurance agent, it’s your money. Actually, it’s more important than a car because you may depend on the insurance company in case of a claim and you need to know if they are going to be there for you. I don’t just go with the cheapest, I look for best value, myself.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:10 PM
Gold member

Insurance is just a piece of paper... until you have a claim. Only then will you know if you made the right decision. Price is not the end all.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Thanks again for all the comments everyone.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:29 AM

Hi M! Have used The Villages agency for 4 years and have found them to be as price-competitive as any others I have received quotes from. I have had no claims fortunately so can not address that factor. They seem to write with the major companies such as Traveler's, Progressive etc. Claim experiences tend to be idiosyncratic in my opinion.

Last edited by roob1; 05-01-2021 at 07:37 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, insurance, and/or, mobile, bath

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.