Home Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2021, 08:29 AM
Default House insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Time to compare some prices. I have Tower Insurance now. Who do you have?
Try kin insurance. We have saved a lot of money on our home insurance. They are A + with BBB, but they don't insure everyone. You will need a roof inspection and wind mit.

They are not a brick and mortar store, so some may not be comfortable with that situation.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
We went with Nathan Thomas State Farm in Wildwood for everything.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:00 AM
Default Insurance

Got an email from Progressive to pay my renewal (2 months ahead of time). Very unprofessional and my rate increased by 25%. Couldn't reply to the email and my Fruitland Park broker has not returned my call in 3 days. Getting other quotes so everyone's input is appreciated.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:05 AM
Default Homeowner's Insurance thru Costco?

Quote:
Has anyone ever purchased their homeowner's insurance thru Costco? I keep getting ads from them (as part of my membership, I presume). I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten a quote from them and/or insured with them? If so, how did it go?
Old 09-22-2021, 09:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Read the fine print on progressive. They offer a one time discount to make their policy look less expensive and suck you in. Then the price goes up
Old 09-22-2021, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

This thread has led me into getting a lot of knowledge of Florida home insurance, and none of it is good.

Quote: Florida home insurance has completely changed this year, anything you thought you knew is probably not in effect this year.

The insurance companies do not want to insure roofs under 10 years old and if you have already had a claim on a roof that is the death of your insurance unless you want to put on a new roof. I guess it's time to call Scotts Roofing company.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-22-2021, 10:06 AM

I have Frontline Ins in Lake Mary, $826 yr for a 2021 sq ft Lantana. Had Tower Hill, they had a large increase, had American Integrity, ended up in a lawsuit, and won.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,748 Posts

Since I had to make a claim on my roof I guess I’ll be looking for new insurance, soon too if Harbor Coastal decides to punish me. What interests me, beside the cost of the premium, is how is the insurance company about paying out claims? Not all of them pay out easily or at all, from what I hear.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:03 PM
Default Home Insurance.

Quote:
I have had Tower Hill Insurance since I bought my home in January 2018. I just received a letter from them to notify me that they will not renew my insurance! The reason: Reduction of Hurricane Exposure.

I have never filed a claim! I pay my premium annually. My insurance premium increased about $590.00 or a 28% increase in 2021.I suggest you stay will your current insurer. I am having a very difficult time getting insurance coverage on my home because the roof is more than 10 years old.

Tower Hill is a Florida company doing business in Florida.I plan to contact the Florida Insurance Commissioner to voice my anger, concern and disappointment with this company. I believe all the roofing claim scams in The Villages over the last years have created this problem. Those of us who did not participate in these claims are now subsidizing and or paying the price for these roof replacements!

Shop around for other insurance coverage. You may be better off staying with Tower Hill....until they send you a nonrenewal letter.

ast year
Old 09-22-2021, 01:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Kin Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nob77@comcast.net View Post
Received a quote from kin.com. Seemed reasonable. Looking for someone who has any knowledge of them. They write policies in FL,CA,LA
We use Kin they are reasonable and easy to get ahold of and work with. I recommend them.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmers View Post
I have Frontline Ins in Lake Mary, $826 yr for a 2021 sq ft Lantana. Had Tower Hill, they had a large increase, had American Integrity, ended up in a lawsuit, and won.
May I ask. What your deductible would be, do you have sinkhole coverage, and who is your agent. I see that the villages insurance on Wedgewood lane, has Frontline insurance.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Since I had to make a claim on my roof I guess I’ll be looking for new insurance, soon too if Harbor Coastal decides to punish me. What interests me, beside the cost of the premium, is how is the insurance company about paying out claims? Not all of them pay out easily or at all, from what I hear.
You can run but you can't hide! If you make a claim with one company EVERY company knows about it and it affects everything you do with any type of insurance. You MIGHT get lucky for 1 renewal until it catches up with you on their records. Just like your credit score it affects everything. You can get a FREE copy of everything they have on you from LEXISNEXIS (and it's a LOT). Mine was about 200 pages! They had home, auto and credit details listed going back forever. That's why you can't lie to your auto insurance company when they ask "when was your last accident."

LexisNexis® Risk Solutions maintains information on insurance claims histories and has designed an easy process for consumers to request their free file disclosure.
Order Your Report Online - LexisNexis Risk Solutions Consumer Disclosure

It's worth requesting a copy just to see what they have. It's free like your credit reports.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, home, time, compare, prices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.