HOME AT LAST, HOME AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY ----

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Default Re: HOME AT LAST, HOME AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY ----

Yup Guys!!!!

PARTY WITH DARBY ON THE 27th.

Wear old clothes because opening boxes can get really dirty!!!!! :joke: :joke: :joke:

Bama.... I am just too excited to meet you!!!! What is your address down there??? Street??? (Your in Duval, right ???) Only problem with any new area is NO TREES! And the area looks pretty sterile now but that will soon change in time. :bigthumbsup:

Steve - I'm telling you..... Burying St Joe is the way to go!!!!! DON'T FORGET TO HAVE IT BLESSED! :bigthumbsup: Any Catholic church will do it...Just take it to their "Blessing St Joe" drive-up window!!

Kar Guy - Don't forget to take down my address (I posted it here before) and then run by or wait until I get the computer hooked up and E-mail me. (That maybe awhile if I know me) We'll certainly get together!!!

Dicky - We saw TV for the first time 2 years ago and have been waiting to move since then. (I just retired in July 07) It took awhile but once you've done your time, you'll see that the wait was worth it! Hang in there!!!! ;D

Old 09-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

Darby - you made it! I feel like I've been on this journey with you - from the beginning when you had your house up for sale to buying in TV sight unseen!

I've been on and off for a few months - am now retired (not by choice) and looks like we'll be heading down for real (once we sell our home) early next year - well, we put the house up for sale in Jan. We are coming down in November for Life Preview. It's our second time and we wiill stay in the cotages again, They are adorable aren't they!!! Yes, sort of Stepford Wives looking but I see a lot of Maine or the coast of NH without the ocean! When these go for sale (once TV is complete), they will sell for a pretty penny.

So happy for you - now it's my turn to start the journey. I have a new email on my profile so drop a line when you get a chance and we can catch up!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:25 PM

Hey Nancy!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, I hope "not by choice" is not a really terrable thing...like medical or something...

I'll check your E-mail out when I get a chance (read: after boxes packed) and then we catch each other up. Anything I can help you with, just give a whistle and I will do it....."You know how to whistle don't you?...Just put your lips together............." Couldn't resist!!!

Oh and Nancy...If you've been following my journey then you know......DON'T FORGET ST. JOE!!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM

Hey Oshunluva -

Keep in touch. You told me about the Novena's and I was faithful!!!! I owe you (and St Joe)!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Sage

DD.. Get out the champagne!! Congratulations! ;D We won't be arriving until Oct 26. Is your box-opening party Sept 27 or Oct 27? If we miss your work/gathering, perhaps we'll see you at the Dog Park (DDR), we plan to go every day. You sound very happy and excited, I am so pleased for you!

I only wish we had some boxes to open and unpack. Any Canadians out there? Anyone who brought stuff across the border? I don't think we're allowed to do that, but perhaps someone can set me straight?

PJ/Barefoot/Snowflake
Old 09-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Veteran member

Canadians are not allowed to bring stuff across the border? Give me a break. There are no two countries more alike on the globe and we have this stupid law in the U.S.? A couple of my former colleagues (and very good friends) are Canadian and they had no problem moving household goods to Atlanta....and they did not have Green Cards at the time. There is a way. Would it help you if I asked 'em a few questions eh?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Sage

Thanks, JohnZ, I would love it if you'd ask your Canadian friends some questions about how they brought stuff across. Here is my e-mail address so we don't have to be off topic :cop: luckypj@rogers.com

We certainly have a limit on what we take back to Canada when we visit the U.S (without paying tax). We have a lot of "surplus" stuff in Canada that we'd love to take to TV. Look forward to hearing from you, eh?

PJ/Barefoot
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.