Home owners insurance

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Default Home owners insurance

We are building a designer home in the Village of Charlotte and close on 11-27-2012. Need help in picking out an agent for house insurance as well as golf cart insurance. How competitive is the Village insurance vs others? Haven't done any checking myself yet as quote is only good for 60 days I was told. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ken and Sue
Old 09-22-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb921 View Post
We are building a designer home in the Village of Charlotte and close on 11-27-2012. Need help in picking out an agent for house insurance as well as golf cart insurance. How competitive is the Village insurance vs others? Haven't done any checking myself yet as quote is only good for 60 days I was told. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ken and Sue
Ken and Sue, we owned a ranch in Hemingway since 2008 and closed on a designer in Sanibel in July. We have used The Villages Insurance for both homes and have been very pleased. We still live up north and tried both Allstate and State Farm, but they would not insure the homes in Florida for us. In addition, TV Insurance also provided sink hole coverage which they indicated is no longer going to be offered next year??? Our agent's name is Karen and she has been great, phone 352-753-2280. As far as golf cart insurance, we use Allstate- McDonald and Company Insurance 17350 SE 109Terrace Suite #5 Summerfield (just off 441). Phone: 352-347-9201. Hope this information is helpful. Best wishes on your new home! Rich and Linda
Old 09-22-2012, 08:50 AM

We stopped by TV Insurance at Colony Plaza while we were there for our design meeting and picked up a business card for Shannon Mattiucci. I started getting quotes last week and at this point I think we will go with them. I was told that they only have one carrier that includes sinkhole coverage and you can only get it on a new home. She said the golf cart coverage will be $150. Her number is 352/751-5720 or 866/438-1681. Thanks for starting this thread because I'm still interested if there is different advice from others.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:38 AM

Use to have golf cart coverage as part of our homeowner's policy. Then discovered (from talk of the Villages) that it's cheaper to get a "stand-alone" policy. In 2011 got our policy through the Villages ins. The company is Foremost Ins in Grand Rapids, Michigan. First year coverage on a 2010 Gas Yamaha cart cost $112.44. 2nd year premium dropped to $88.13.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

We have also used The Villages Insurance and dealt with Shannon Mattiucci at their Colony office when we purchased our designer in St. James last November. We had lived in Wesley Chapel (just north of Tampa) for 6 1/2 years prior to relocating into The Villages. Our car insurance went from $1,220. every six months to $600. and actually on my last renewal decreased (can you believe I said decrease) to $558. and our homeowners at our previous home was $1,700. per year and here it is $900. We are definitely comparing apples to apples here also as our home values were about the same, with sinkhole coverage. ASI, also known as Ark Royal is the company our homeowners is through now and was also the company we had on our previous home.
When living in Wesley Chapel, a small tornado hit our home, ripped off my lanai and sent my neighbors porch furniture through my dining room window and after I stopped screaming hysterically, called ASI and a rep was there in 45 minutes. They were great to deal with.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

We have State Farm up north so was thinking of using them for Florida as well but apparently they pulled out of Florida. We went with Villages insurance in Colony Plaza since they have sink hole insurance also. We have golf coverage as well with them. If I am not mistaken, they have hurricane coverage as well.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Veteran member

It is not true that companies are not selling sinkhole insurance. You can order an inspection through the insurance company and if you pass inspection the company adds sinkhole (can not see it) with a 10% deductible. Included in your homeowners policy by Florida law is catastrophic ground collapse (you can see it)and your all perils deductible applies. Allstate agent Kevin McDonald has a number of independent companies that his agencies write property insurance through. Security First, Universal, St. Johns, Safe Harbor, Florida Peninsular, Tower Hill and he also represents Southern Fidelity which will include sinkhole with no inspection on all homes written in Sumter County (10% deductible) but premium is higher. The McDonald Agencies also represents Chubb and Fireman's fund for homes $500,000 and above. (sinkhole included)

Allstate also has a great stand alone golf cart policy.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

I am currently in the process of getting quotes. I have contacted Steve Canty with Brightway out of Jacksonville, my current insurer (not for TV) in Delray Beach, and Villages Ins. Still waiting on 2 quotes to come in then will decide. I have asked for sinkhole ins quotes, hurricane coverage and with & without golf cart. I am building in TV so that probably makes somewhat of a difference. I may search further but will consider these first.

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 09-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Default Home Insurance

We just got our house insured through Clifford Insurance someone at the Village office sent us there much cheaper than the Village Insurance we got our policy through Tower Hill Prime. Clifford is just off 441, 9790 SE 106th Lane, Summerfield, FL 352-245-5455 we liked our rep her name is Jeana.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.