Home security

Old 03-25-2024, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
There are YouTube Videos that show how to fool alarms into thinking a door or window hasn't been opened. You can buy a $10 device on Amazon that defeats SimpliSafe alarms- point it at the door- open the door and the alarm doesn't trigger.

For this reason ALWAYS put the sign of a different alarm company in your front yard- especially if you have SimpliSafe. Example- if you have ADT in your house but a BRINKS sign in your yard. You can get signs and window stickers from any company on eBay or Amazon
I watched a YouTube video also, but the $10 device didn't work. A more expensive one did work. The reason it works is because the SimpliSafe system uses a fixed frequency for communication between the base unit and the detection devices. The defeating device creates interference within the security system by using the same frequency. I don't put any security company signs outside of my house. I think the SimpliSafe system is good enough to deter most burglers and way better than having nothing. It's very easy to install and operate.

Tags
home, monitoring, affordable, ecobee, security

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.