Must See And Do

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Default Must See And Do

Happy Thankagiving to all you happy villagers! I am doing the lifestyle preview for three nites in Dec.'07, Can anyone suggests the Must See's, and the restaurants i should try.I have already visited and did the trolley tour. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Default Re: Must See And Do

We will be down to TV in December as well. For one thing, I want to see Rocky and the Rollers. I'm adjusting my schedule just for that; I have heard so many good things about them. I believe they're playing at Lake Sumpter on December 11th. Can anyone confirm that? What time does the entertainment in Market Square and Lake Sumpter Landing start anyway?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Veteran member

The schedule at Lake Sumter Landing shows them there that night http://thevillages.com/lifestyle/marketSquare.asp 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-21-2007, 08:11 PM

when you be in TV ?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve 681
Happy Thankagiving to all you happy villagers! I am doing the lifestyle preview for three nites in Dec.'07, Can anyone suggests the Must See's, and the restaurants i should try.I have already visited and did the trolley tour. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
You will get a LifeStyle ID card that has punch holes for lunch/dinners/movies. Make sure you use them all. Go to Cane Garden CC (Bailey Trail) first and flash that card at the hostess and your server. Then go to Cattle Baron Club (or Katie Belles) at Spanish Springs and lastly Palmer Legends CC (Buena Vista Blvd.). You'll be surprised at what they offer you (no booze however). Check out the Gourmet Club's website http://thevillagesgourmetclub.home.c...net/page1.html for restaurant reviews in The Villages and beyond. Very, very informative.

For Recreation Centers, check out the Savannah Center, Laurel Manor and Lake Miona Regional Centers (inside and out). Check out the unique recreation at the Rio Grande Rec. Center on Rio Grande Ave. in Village Del Mar. Take a walk through BOTH Sales Centers. Check out the Wellness Center at the TV Regional Medical Center (low building south of the hospital - enter off El Camino Real) near US27/441. Ask for a short tour.

Visit both Town Squares from 5 to 9 PM for entertainment and shopping. Walk along Lake Sumter (officially called Cherry Lake) from Lighthouse Point to the Waterfront Inn at sunset (5PM). Have a night cap at Urban Flats at Lake Sumter Landing after 9PM.

Feed the buffalo carrots or apples, just west of the Waterfront Inn on Old Mill Run. Drive west on CR466 from Buena Vista Blvd. to the railroad crossing and back to see all the commercial construction. Check out the Woodworkers Shop on Rolling Acres Road (Mon-Sat 8AM-4PM). Ask the desk person for a little tour (can't go inside the machine area until 4PM when the shop is closing down). Drive into the "historic" section at West Boone Ct. (directly across US27/441 from Morse Blvd.) and ride around the water tower for a nice high view of the older section of TV. Still looks nice after 30 years.

Check out houses open for inspection on your own, every day. Gives you a better feel for established neighborhoods with mature trees (and much lower Bond Assesments).

Are you staying at The Cottages at Lake Sumter Landing? You'll be amazed. You have a private pool in the enclave too. Bravo Pizza is close and good for lunch. Skip renting a golf cart if it's offered. It's too hard to navigate for visitors.

Enjoy your stay. Buy a house (or two)!

Skip
Old 11-22-2007, 04:54 AM

We did the Lifestyle in late September for 5 days. Skip covered it well as what to do. But you will be hard pressed to do it all in 3 days. We, also, met with mortgage and insurance companies. But make sure you use the card to it's fullest extent. We did not rent a golf cart either, not enough time. Good luck.

We are convinced and are putting our house on the market in next 2 weeks in Michigan. Hoping for quick sale (?), 2-4 months and be in TV by spring, market permitting.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.