Homeowners Insurance

Old 05-09-2024, 06:01 PM
Default policy will not be renewed ?

Are policies not being renewed caused by age of home, or Insurance company leaving Florida.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:19 PM
Default Call Abshier Insurance Agency 352-245-2423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1mack View Post
I like probably many others have been informed that your current policy will not be renewed.
The Villages Insurance is whom we went to to get our current policy on the home we bought new ten years ago. They have come up with one or two suggestions with whom we could use for a new policy. One is over $1k above our current policy, which they recommend, and the other has about the same premium.

Question: if you have had your policy discontinued, with what insurance company did you end up going with?
Call 352-245-2423. They will shop over 10 companies to get you best premium for coverage you want.
Old 05-13-2024, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee View Post
I did the same thing,..., wait till Year two 😡
My insurance has doubled in the last 2 years, We ahve a wood frame 2/2 and it Went from under $900 to $1400 last year and this year as of July 1, I am billed almost $1900. KIN quoted about $400 more and that was without (basic) sinkhole that Travelers gives. Be REAL careful getting quotes that you are getting EXACTLY what you had before. KIN not only didn't include full roof coverage (it was depreciated by age) in their quote full coverage was extra cost, but was missing a number of riders I currently have listed. Also Progressive was almost $1400 more. Last year Allstate was almost DOUBLE. Didn't bother checking them yet this year. Also have to remember home values have increased a LOT over the last years so that also leads to higher rates.

MOST important thing is to be sure you are quoting apples to apples. Lots of things get left out to lower price. If you are aware of that it's fine but often they just quote a price without total details
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:50 PM
Default Sinkhole coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
My insurance has doubled in the last 2 years, We ahve a wood frame 2/2 and it Went from under $900 to $1400 last year and this year as of July 1, I am billed almost $1900. KIN quoted about $400 more and that was without (basic) sinkhole that Travelers gives. Be REAL careful getting quotes that you are getting EXACTLY what you had before. KIN not only didn't include full roof coverage (it was depreciated by age) in their quote full coverage was extra cost, but was missing a number of riders I currently have listed. Also Progressive was almost $1400 more. Last year Allstate was almost DOUBLE. Didn't bother checking them yet this year. Also have to remember home values have increased a LOT over the last years so that also leads to higher rates.

MOST important thing is to be sure you are quoting apples to apples. Lots of things get left out to lower price. If you are aware of that it's fine but often they just quote a price without total details
Every homeowners policy in Florida by state law has Catastrophic ground collapse included in homeowners policy. Sinkhole is an endorsement that an additional premium is charged.

https://www.myfloridacfo.com/docs-sf...rsn=a4c83969_4
Old 05-15-2024, 07:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
Are policies not being renewed caused by age of home, or Insurance company leaving Florida.
Both and hurricane potentialities and laws which allow attorneys/public adjusters to inflate claims and I am not referring to inflation.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1mack View Post
I like probably many others have been informed that your current policy will not be renewed.
The Villages Insurance is whom we went to to get our current policy on the home we bought new ten years ago. They have come up with one or two suggestions with whom we could use for a new policy. One is over $1k above our current policy, which they recommend, and the other has about the same premium.

Question: if you have had your policy discontinued, with what insurance company did you end up going with?
We received an unsolicited mailing from O'Quinn Insurance Services out of Ormond Beach regarding homeowners renewal policy. It stated some coverage numbers and estimated annual premium cost and invitation to call for free, no obligation quote. Has anyone heard of or have had experience with this company?
Old 05-15-2024, 10:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Both and hurricane potentialities and laws which allow attorneys/public adjusters to inflate claims and I am not referring to inflation.
I understand what you’re saying.....but inflation is definitely a byproduct of your post as post pandemic construction materials have multiplied. Has to be factored in
Old 05-15-2024, 02:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,350 Times in 612 Posts

This is for auto insurance - not home insurance. I can't see prices coming down ever!! The insurance companies lost $54 billion on auto insurance in the past three years! Perhaps it is those roundabouts!! It appears that the underwriting departments are not doing a great job!

In 2021, insurers’ personal auto businesses started recording losses. According to David Blades, an analyst for AM Best, the industry lost $4 billion in 2021, $33 billion in 2022 and roughly $17 billion last year.
Old 05-15-2024, 02:27 PM
Gold member

This is a good watch on YouTube....on FL insurance....

Insurance Wars - Noble Public Adjusting Group
Old 05-16-2024, 03:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
This is a good watch on YouTube....on FL insurance....

Insurance Wars - Noble Public Adjusting Group
There war is not just with insurance companies but with the majority of policy holders who have never made claims but will have to pay for their lawsuits through increased premiums.

#free roofs

Tags
current, insurance, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.