Homes with Front Porches.

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Homes with Front Porches.

There are models with front porches here and I recommend them. They offer shade when the lanai is in sun and sitting out there can be quite entertaining. We watch the walkers and the bike riders and the palm trees going by looking for their new home. We watch the dogs and we watch even a few grands being pushed by in their strollers. We saw a couple of grands on skateboards not long ago.

Sometimes our neighbors stroll over and soon we have a nice little bunch drinking something cold and enjoying life.

Some people even have their front porches screened in. I would like to know more about that.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-24-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Sage

One of the first things I said after we were in our home is that I wished more designs in TV had front porches. Enough room for a couple of chairs to sit and watch the world go by.

The shade is one benefit, but TV is perfect for front porches. Sitting out having a beverage, people walking and driving by in carts, almost always wanting to stop and say hi. In my Wisteria, I have to sit in the garage or driveway which does not feel the same.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:42 AM

patio villas have from porches/lanias
Old 07-24-2010, 09:50 AM

Our At Ease will have a front porch - can't wait!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

My Bougainevilla has a front porch and I love it. Also provides a place for UPS to leave a package out of the weather.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There are models with front porches here and I recommend them. They offer shade when the lanai is in sun and sitting out there can be quite entertaining. We watch the walkers and the bike riders and the palm trees going by looking for their new home. We watch the dogs and we watch even a few grands being pushed by in their strollers. We saw a couple of grands on skateboards not long ago.

Sometimes our neighbors stroll over and soon we have a nice little bunch drinking something cold and enjoying life.

Some people even have their front porches screened in. I would like to know more about that.
We've been talking about screening our front porch for years. Keeps out the wasps and mud gobbers, too. Anyone know of a good company to install screen?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
We've been talking about screening our front porch for years. Keeps out the wasps and mud gobbers, too. Anyone know of a good company to install screen?
What's a mud gobber?????

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

As you drive around TV you see Lanai's backing up to major and secondary roads with people sitting and watching the world go by. By the way, very few Villager's sit for long, too many fabulous things to do. I'm in a minority since I dislike having schedules and I'm not a joiner but I do love TV and all it has to offer. TV's like an ajustable wrench, it can fit any kind of nut..
Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
As you drive around TV you see Lanai's backing up to major and secondary roads with people sitting and watching the world go by. By the way, very few Villager's sit for long, too many fabulous things to do. I'm in a minority since I dislike having schedules and I'm not a joiner but I do love TV and all it has to offer. TV's like an ajustable wrench, it can fit any kind of nut..
Perfect description. I have taken it as my own.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak44070 View Post
What's a mud gobber?????
I'm like you, but I figured he/she meant a "mud dauber". It's a critter that looks like a wasp and they build nests that are made out of mud and look like tubes. Usually ther are two or three tubes side by side.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.