HomoSexual Males in The Villages??

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Default Gay

I have never breed so I guess I am gay. Won't my wife be surprised.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I have never breed so I guess I am gay. Won't my wife be surprised.
My nephew was married for many years before he came out of the closet.

He didn't breed. He has been with the same boyfriend for many years now.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Taltarzac
Default This might be of interest. From a blog about gay culture.

"Just the other day, a popular radio talk show carried on a long discussion about the word 'breeder'. A news story had run about a heterosexual man who had been fired by his gay boss. He was claiming wrongful termination and says he was let go because he was straight. He claims he was repeatedly called a 'breeder' by his predominantly gay co-workers and boss. As it turns out, this word is used by homosexuals to describe heterosexuals. The radio show hosts questioned the very existence of this word and asked listeners to call in if they had any information. Within a couple of minutes, a gay man called in and confirmed the existence and use of the word. "

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-05-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:18 AM

Come buy a house by us in the Village of Rio Grand, we would welcome you as neighbors.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Card View Post
Most true southerners do not consider Florida as part of the South.
Well, Lou, I'm a true southerner and I do consider Florida a part of the South as do most of my confreres!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Gold member
Default Double Ditto

Double Ditto "what Gracie said".
We lived in Virginia where hubby was professional actor. Many of our friends in the theater groups were gay (male and female). All I can add is "welcome to Shangri-la" SHR
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvador View Post
Hello.

Got a bit of a question.

How are homosexual couples received in The Villages?? Would people resent living next to one??? Would it catch a lot of attention?? You know....stares and ogles and whispers....would the good old fashioned folks not want to shake hands

To give you some background, my partner, a physician and golf nut, is reaching retirement age and we would like to relocate to Florida from the mid-west. However, after visiting the gay retirement havens of Ft. Lauderdale/South Beach/Miami Beach a couple times, we decided the culture there wasn't for us (very youth centric and superficial among other things).

We are discrete and conduct our lives conservatively (not Tuba players, so to speak) and don't necessarily seek out diversity--

--but would living in the Villages be pushing the envelope too far???

Any thoughts on how the straights (or breeders ) here feel about the issue??

PS.......be as honest or cruel as you want to be, because I would like to gauge the true sentiment of the community.
Salvador - My partner and I are moving to The Villages in October of this year. We had/have the same questions you posed, but are greatly encouraged after meeting several gay people, each of whom has reported being accepted and made to feel comfortable. We hope you will let us know if you should visit TV after October 1 (or get in touch). We would be able to give you the reactions we have received. We love diversity and wish to socialize with people from all walks of life. Our feeling is we will find this in The Villages and are moving with the a positive imagine that this in fact will be the case. I wish you the best as you determine your future.
Jim
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.