House Adjacent to Rec Center

Old 05-05-2024, 09:44 AM

If there is a family pool there, be prepared for infants SCREAMING
Car doors slamming. Loud mufflers. Noise from 7am until late evening. They actually officially close at 10pm, but most activities are over by 9pm.
Tennis balls, pickle balls getting hit are loud and obtrusive.
People doing things outside can get loud from cheering or dropping things.
Depending on your location, lots of people might be looking into your house, and at you. Privacy?
Regional rec centers have a lot more rooms and host events. Noise will be a problem.

Perhaps go to a few and sit around them and listen
Old 05-05-2024, 10:27 AM

Thanks all. Great points, and I appreciate the feedback.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,250 Times in 5,436 Posts

Never understood why people want to be near rec centers
Old 05-05-2024, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
We were considering a home across the street from the center so we walked around, sat on a bench, watched and listened.. After about an hour we decided that it was way too noisy and way too much traffic in and out. Glad we passed on it.
There are a few streets east of Paradise Rec center that has low, medium traffic and is far enough away from the noisy pickle ball courts. You would have many activities that you could walk to including horseshoes, softball, tennis, dog walking areas, outdoor exercise area, fishing, and golf holes. All within walking distance. Then, in addition, there are clubs and activities like table tennis available inside.
......If you can't find something to do there....well that is on you.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:08 PM
Default No Concerns Near Savannah Regional

We have a house right behind the Savannah Regional Recreation Center. There is no Pickleball courts there but it is a major entertainment venue. We never hear the music or cars coming or going. It’s a handy location to attend events and to use the sports pool. Also handy for some grass area for dog walking (always pick up!).
Old 05-05-2024, 05:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

Our second house was 2 blocks and 8 houses from pickleball courts. When we were setting up the house the dink dink was very annoying to us depending on the weather and wind.

Our long term tenant moved in and every year we asked about the noise from courts.

Same answer for 10 years, pickleball doesn’t bother me, but the neighbors behind me are both hearing impaired, I can hear every conversation.

So for him dink dink not a problem

Kissing lanai….problem
Old 05-05-2024, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,500 Posts

Usually golf course behind rec center. For that reason I would probably pass do to golfer traffic.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:25 AM

I live in a quiet location away from any rec center. But I have close friends whose property is adjacent to a rec center. People regularly walk across their property as a short cut. When asked not to walk on private property, some people actually argue about using this shortcut.

That being said, they love being a short walk to the pool and other activities
Old 05-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,649 Times in 3,164 Posts

Depends on what you're used to. If you come from an area that's usually quiet 24/7, then you'll probably find it disruptive to live close to a rec center. If you grew up in the 'burbs near a YMCA or your local suburban rec center/community center, it probably wouldn't be too much of a big deal, other than the sound of older gas golf carts, which can be noisy.

If you're from the city, it probably wouldn't bother you at all and in fact, you'd probably find the daylight noise to be comforting, and the silence from around 9pm til around 7am to be unnerving.

The sound of horseshoes takes a little getting used to if you live a house or three away from the courts.

I used to live next door to an active fire department and I got used to the sound of the siren. I also lived in front of a senior housing apartment complex, which would get ambulances and fire trucks there at least three times every week. They'd turn their sirens off when they got to the corner of my house and the driveway to the complex. It stopped being jarring after the first year, and eventually we settled into "acceptance" of the sound.

I think the sound of the pickleball courts would likely bother me more than anything else. That'd be like Chinese water torture, that ping ping ping non-stop in my ears for hours on end. A suggestion for that - if the side wall of the house and garage faces the courts, don't worry about it. If the lanai or your bedroom window face it, it might be a problem.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,240 Times in 2,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffreyboy View Post
We have a house right behind the Savannah Regional Recreation Center. There is no Pickleball courts there but it is a major entertainment venue. We never hear the music or cars coming or going. It’s a handy location to attend events and to use the sports pool. Also handy for some grass area for dog walking (always pick up!).
Savannah Center sports pool is by name only, not function. It’s the only so called sports pool that isn’t a regulation 25 yard lap swimming pool.

Tags
house, rec, center, adjacent, pickle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.