House is being rented, and our VillagesIDs are forfeited

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2023, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Just curious, why rent home in an LLC? Is that a vehicle that limits your personal liability, especially if you include a golf cart with the rental? If you stop renting the home, is it easy to dissolve the LLC and convert ownership to yourself and Coach K?
Yes, its about limiting liability for very little cost with the golf cart included, different cost structures for insurance and greater tax benefits. We will pay zero income taxes on all the income with the tax loss carry forwards when we dissolve the LLC.

retired finance guy
Old 11-28-2023, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Did so and got the answer as yes, use your out of state license,
then got a call back from the same rec center to call the district management office
then called them explained the scenario and they said yes the first time,
and then final answer is flat out

NO!

So I guess we golf off property unless we purchase fake driver's licenses, or I use my parents ID with inserted pictures. . though the picture to age upper 90's might be a problem. .

I think if the tv show "Person of Interest" is to air again, they should use TV as the setting where seniors are the people threatened. . . their surveillance system is top notch!
Interesting, so no guest ID’s available for residents who surrendered their ID’s to tenants. Learn something every day. So no family, neighborhood, or sports pools (within the rules), pickle ball, and executive golf are out. Can still play championship golf at non resident rates, but at those prices it’s probably worth venturing outside the bubble. I agree the surveillance system is top notch when it comes to golf, but iD checking for other amenities is spotty at best. Enjoy your time at the Villages. I would rather be there right now with no ID than being stuck up north in these below freezing temperatures.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Did so and got the answer as yes, use your out of state license,
then got a call back from the same rec center to call the district management office
then called them explained the scenario and they said yes the first time,
and then final answer is flat out

NO!

Another phone call to see if we can use the championship golf courses as an out of state resident, and the answer is YES! , but we pay full price.

So I guess we golf championship only unless we purchase fake driver's licenses, or I use my parents ID with inserted pictures. . though the picture to age upper 90's might be a problem. .

I think if the tv show "Person of Interest" is to air again, they should use TV as the setting where seniors are the people threatened. . . their surveillance system is top notch!
I don't know... seems like "yes" has it by a score of two to one.

At this point I would just have your hosts submit the application using your out-of-state address and see what happens. Their surveillance system might have cracks that you can slip through.

PLUS, you really are not gaming the system at all. You are not an in-area, non-relative individual trying to gain access to the Villages amenities. You are an out-of-area guest of a current resident. You are not requesting anything more than my relatives from NY or friends from MD are requesting when they come to visit.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 11-28-2023 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Clarification: host should submit application
Old 11-28-2023, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I don't know... seems like "yes" has it by a score of two to one.

At this point I would just submit the application using your out-of-state address and see what happens. Their surveillance system might have cracks that you can slip through.

PLUS, you really are not gaming the system at all. You are not an in-area, non-relative individual trying to gain access to the Villages amenities. You are an out-of-area guest of a current resident. You are not requesting anything more than my relatives from NY or friends from MD are requesting when they come to visit.
Nah, not going to push my luck.. . . I don't want to screw up any guest ids, or make extra work for the property managers although we did try making tee times, and our id numbers are assigned to the renters names, so we can see that the system keeps the same ID numbers, but gives them different names. . .

BTW, just got a call from the UK, that wasn't you was it?

I have gotten one other phishing call from the UK long time ago, so I didn't answer it
Old 11-28-2023, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:

BTW, just got a call from the UK, that wasn't you was it?
No, I'm local (and I don't know your number). I use the Private Message function of these boards to contact someone directly.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-28-2023, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
OK, following the rules, all is fine.

We are visiting local friends from MA who also bought in TV, so evidently, we have to register as guests. . . is that correct?

just making sure that we are interpreting the rules correctly?

sportsguy
If I have this correct:
1. you are currently renting out your home, and
2. During this period that your home is being rented out, you are returning to the Villages.
If that is true then yes...you are a guest.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:28 AM
Gold member

I agree with the others who say at this point in time you are a guest of your friends. I suspect if your friends submit the Guest ID application using their Resident ID & then your MA credentials for you & your wife, you will be correctly assigned Guest IDs. I also suspect the confusion at the Villages offices has arisen because you were making the calls & explaining that you are currently a non-resident homeowner. Which is probably irrelevant, but the irrevelancy managed to confuse the offices.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
I agree with the others who say at this point in time you are a guest of your friends. I suspect if your friends submit the Guest ID application using their Resident ID & then your MA credentials for you & your wife, you will be correctly assigned Guest IDs. I also suspect the confusion at the Villages offices has arisen because you were making the calls & explaining that you are currently a non-resident homeowner. Which is probably irrelevant, but the irrevelancy managed to confuse the offices.

In a simple world, I think you're correct, he's a "Guest". That said, it's in the best interest of the community if "Owner's" are NOT allowed "Guest Passes" under most circumstances. It's an issue of double-dipping.

If they were readily allowed, every Landlord in TV would have one of their friends arrange Guest Passes for them, anytime they want to use the amenities. You could rent your house out and yet still use the amenities. Have your cake and eat it too.

I suspect the Guest ID system cross-references names when issuing Guest ID's. If a home is owned by a Trust or LCC (as mine is), there are a limited number of Resident ID's assigned to that address. If one of those names pops up as applying for a Guest ID, I'm sure it's flagged by the computer system.

Last edited by BrianL99; 11-28-2023 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default No Guest Pass

///

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 11-28-2023, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
If I have this correct:
1. you are currently renting out your home, and
2. During this period that your home is being rented out, you are returning to the Villages.
If that is true then yes...you are a guest.
Read post #14

Please keep read the posts and keep up. . .
Old 11-28-2023, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Read post #14

And no, I am not going to cause any system confusion by trying after talking to the district management office, which manages the recreation centers, as the answer is still NOT ALLOWED!
Old 11-28-2023, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianl99 View Post
in a simple world, i think you're correct, he's a "guest". That said, it's in the best interest of the community if "owner's" are not allowed "guest passes" under most circumstances. It's an issue of double-dipping.

If they were readily allowed, every landlord in tv would have one of their friends arrange guest passes for them, anytime they want to use the amenities. You could rent your house out and yet still use the amenities. Have your cake and eat it too.

I suspect the guest id system cross-references names when issuing guest id's. If a home is owned by a trust or lcc (as mine is), there are a limited number of resident id's assigned to that address. If one of those names pops up as applying for a guest id, i'm sure it's flagged by the computer system.
correct!
Old 11-28-2023, 04:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

If you are renting your home, then yes you have forfeited your ID. However you can get guest passes if you are a guest
Old 11-28-2023, 05:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
In a simple world, I think you're correct, he's a "Guest". That said, it's in the best interest of the community if "Owner's" are NOT allowed "Guest Passes" under most circumstances. It's an issue of double-dipping.

If they were readily allowed, every Landlord in TV would have one of their friends arrange Guest Passes for them, anytime they want to use the amenities. You could rent your house out and yet still use the amenities. Have your cake and eat it too.

I suspect the Guest ID system cross-references names when issuing Guest ID's. If a home is owned by a Trust or LCC (as mine is), there are a limited number of Resident ID's assigned to that address. If one of those names pops up as applying for a Guest ID, I'm sure it's flagged by the computer system.
Quote:
correct!
Thank you. I love being right.

Now please go over to the thread on CDD Bonds. You're a former finance guy. Please explain to the masses, that CDD Bonds are nothing more than mortgages, with a different name and they only relate to land and not homes.

(Once you explain that, then you can move on to how Bond prices fall, when Interest rates rise.)
Old 11-28-2023, 10:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
If you are renting your home, then yes you have forfeited your ID. However you can get guest passes if you are a guest
Per district management, not allowed, and the office people disagree with the ruling.
It may have worked in the past, I don't know about the history of it, or whatever, but it got elevated to district management overseeing the rec centers etc. . .

Is this a experiential answer or a logic answer?
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, evidently, register, house, guests

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.