House is being rented, and our VillagesIDs are forfeited

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2023, 11:03 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Thank you. I love being right.

Now please go over to the thread on CDD Bonds. You're a former finance guy. Please explain to the masses, that CDD Bonds are nothing more than mortgages, with a different name and they only relate to land and not homes.

(Once you explain that, then you can move on to how Bond prices fall, when Interest rates rise.)
They are a form of debt on the property but they are NOT mortgages.

Furthermore mortgage interest is an itemizable tax deduction (to some). Bond interest is not.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-29-2023, 05:02 AM

You don’t have to register. Your hosts have to register for you.
Old 11-29-2023, 05:55 AM
Veteran member

From what I understand if you are renting out your home they get passes. You can still get passes but they are not the usual green. You can still get a pass though.
Old 11-29-2023, 06:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
They are a form of debt on the property but they are NOT mortgages.

Furthermore mortgage interest is an itemizable tax deduction (to some). Bond interest is not.
Not all mortgage interest is deductible, not all bond interest, is non-deductible.

They are essentially a mortgage with another name. Money borrowed and secured against property.
Old 11-29-2023, 06:24 AM

Yes
Old 11-29-2023, 06:44 AM
Veteran member

Have you noticed when you tell someone three things sometimes they only hear one or two? Perhaps this happened in your situation.

1.You told them you are renting your home in the Villages and forfeited your IDs

2. You told them you are coming to visit from out of town

3. You told them you are staying with friends at another address. You want to know if they could guest passes for you

Maybe, they did not comprehend you will be a guest at a different address. It's worth a try to have your friends request guest passes. The worst that can happen is they say no. Your friends can state they were confused on the matter. No harm, no foul! This way, you can be certain the answer you received was correct.

Last edited by Randall55; 11-29-2023 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Interesting, so no guest ID’s available for residents who surrendered their ID’s to tenants. Learn something every day. So no family, neighborhood, or sports pools (within the rules), pickle ball, and executive golf are out. Can still play championship golf at non resident rates, but at those prices it’s probably worth venturing outside the bubble. I agree the surveillance system is top notch when it comes to golf, but iD checking for other amenities is spotty at best. Enjoy your time at the Villages. I would rather be there right now with no ID than being stuck up north in these below freezing temperatures.
At this moment that I’m reading your comment we are 38 degrees here in The Villages. Brrr!
Old 11-29-2023, 07:54 AM

The answer to your question (minus the snark) is yes, you will need guest IDs. We did the same thing prior to moving permanently. You forfeited your IDs so your renters could have them so you will now be a guest. No problem obtaining them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Using OSINT on TV, you might come to that conclusion. We are slumlords of TV, having bought in 2019, closed in 2020, with the house being rented in an LLC, not AIRBnB, with IDs forfeited as per TV requirements, so we are not residents of TV technically, hopefully in a little more than a year. We live in MA, and friends of ours also in MA, who told us about TV, have bought in TV, and we, the slumlords, are visiting the friends in TV who are not renting their house out, and are snowbirds currently.

Got it? basically trying to comply with the TV surveillance protocols.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Using OSINT on TV, you might come to that conclusion. We are slumlords of TV, having bought in 2019, closed in 2020, with the house being rented in an LLC, not AIRBnB, with IDs forfeited as per TV requirements, so we are not residents of TV technically, hopefully in a little more than a year. We live in MA, and friends of ours also in MA, who told us about TV, have bought in TV, and we, the slumlords, are visiting the friends in TV who are not renting their house out, and are snowbirds currently.

Got it? basically trying to comply with the TV surveillance protocols.
Your friends just need to get you a guest pass. We just did that for a friend whose home is rented sept - April. No issue at all. Done all the time for landlords whose passes were transferred to renters. However, you will be a guest and will pay guest green fees to play golf. And need to keep your guest pass with your picture ID with you.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:32 AM
Default Try this method for your Guest Passes…

Quote:
Called customer service and got the answer as yes, use your out of state license,
then got a call back from the same rec center to call the district management office
then called them explained the scenario and they said yes the first time,
and then final answer is flat out

NO!

Another phone call to see if we can use the championship golf courses as an out of state resident, and the answer is YES! , but we pay full price.

So I guess we golf championship only unless we purchase fake driver's licenses, or I use my parents ID with inserted pictures. . though the picture to age upper 90's might be a problem. .

I think if the tv show "Person of Interest" is to air again, they should use TV as the setting where seniors are the people threatened. . . their surveillance system is top notch!
Not sure why you’re messing with or concerned about DLs, photos, etc. IF the friends you’re visiting own and have their own Villager ID, they simply have to go online, enter your name, DOB, address, and check a box if you’ve visited TV before, then enter dates if your visit (max 30) and choose where to pick up the passes in a day or so. They go, show THEIR Villages ID, and pick up your passes! Easy!!!

Everyone who has friends/family likely does it this way. Just use your address in Mass. and all should go well!! 👍
Old 11-29-2023, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyNJ View Post
Not sure why you’re messing with or concerned about DLs, photos, etc. IF the friends you’re visiting own and have their own Villager ID, they simply have to go online, enter your name, DOB, address, and check a box if you’ve visited TV before, then enter dates if your visit (max 30) and choose where to pick up the passes in a day or so. They go, show THEIR Villages ID, and pick up your passes! Easy!!!

Everyone who has friends/family likely does it this way. Just use your address in Mass. and all should go well!! 👍
In order to request a guest pass you need to provide the address of the person receiving the pass. If that address is local then the pass will be denied.

When/if the guest pass is checked, the holder of the pass should be asked for a photo ID to prove the pass was issued for them. I don't have a guest pass in front of me right now but I believe it contains the name, address, and DOB for checking against the ID.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-29-2023, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyNJ View Post

Everyone who has friends/family likely does it this way. Just use your address in Mass. and all should go well!! ������
Your answer is a process statement, which we all know having done it for our friends when in the villages. Doesn't answer the question. .

The question is:

The system has our name, our address and our date of birth. .

Some decision maker can say "NO!" but will the system catch it? If the system catches it, what does it do to our current IDs which are assigned to other people? Does it fubar them?

The answer i got is like the water meter scandal where the management just flat out defended status quo or their job and ignored the reality of options.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

I can't wait to hear the final answer, when CoachKandSportsguy posts it.

It certainly seems that what he's said is reasonable and accurate and all the naysayers that are simply tossing out opinions so far, appear to be wrong.

I'm not going to opine on whether I think it's right or not, but it seems TV is attempting to address "double-dipping" and in a way that may not be very fair to those who have a legitimate situation to deal with.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjky2k View Post
Your friends just need to get you a guest pass. We just did that for a friend whose home is rented sept - April. No issue at all. Done all the time for landlords whose passes were transferred to renters. However, you will be a guest and will pay guest green fees to play golf. And need to keep your guest pass with your picture ID with you.
OK, now we have an experiential answer! Thank you. . So in this case, the management is just flat out responding with typical TV political management go away answer. Like the water meter scandal initial response. .

FL is still a third world country/state.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I can't wait to hear the final answer, when CoachKandSportsguy posts it.

It certainly seems that what he's said is reasonable and accurate and all the naysayers that are simply tossing out opinions so far, appear to be wrong.

I'm not going to opine on whether I think it's right or not, but it seems TV is attempting to address "double-dipping" and in a way that may not be very fair to those who have a legitimate situation to deal with.

There is no "double-dipping." The home is occupied and IDs have been provided to those residing in the home. Individuals from out of the area are visiting and current residents are applying for guest passes for their guests. This is exactly what I do for my relatives from NY and friends from MD. No double-dipping, just utilizing the system as it was designed to work.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 11-29-2023 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Things change - removed data that was OBE
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, evidently, register, house, guests

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.