The House on Cinder Blocks

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Default The House on Cinder Blocks

Interested in knowing the story of the house on Cinder Blocks that is located at the intersection of Buena Vista Blvd. and Bonita blvd. Will look forward to any information you may be able to provide.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 PM

There was the same basic question three years ago. Historic Brinson-Perry House

I just went further in Google and found a little info at
http://www.mldarchitects.com/prj_his...0house/698.htm
"Constructed about 1885 and added on to several times over the years, the Brinson-Perry house is located east of Oxford Florida. The reconstruction of CR 466 to a four lane urban facility pushed the road too close to the house. In order to preserve the historic structure and return it to its turn of the century appearance, the house was moved approximately four miles southeast to a visually prominent position, adjacent to a new fire station. The structure was rehabilitated to fire department offices and file storage."

Still doesn't tell us much but maybe Google can say more eventually - or a good area historian will answer for us all.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I would buy a book ...a real book about the developers and their real journey.

I would LOVE to have a real history of this place including some in depth information on just how the Morse family are...when you know them really well.

Wonder if that will ever happen?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Default training structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty6971 View Post
There was the same basic question three years ago. Historic Brinson-Perry House

I just went further in Google and found a little info at
http://www.mldarchitects.com/prj_his...0house/698.htm
"Constructed about 1885 and added on to several times over the years, the Brinson-Perry house is located east of Oxford Florida. The reconstruction of CR 466 to a four lane urban facility pushed the road too close to the house. In order to preserve the historic structure and return it to its turn of the century appearance, the house was moved approximately four miles southeast to a visually prominent position, adjacent to a new fire station. The structure was rehabilitated to fire department offices and file storage."

Still doesn't tell us much but maybe Google can say more eventually - or a good area historian will answer for us all.
Thanks for the info.
If the structure is that old and wood... a fire station is the perfect spot

L and L

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Default thanks

I've been wondering about that!!

Cynthia, class of 1967
Muscatine, Iowa City and Newton, IA; Belmont, Sunnyvale & San Bernardino, CA; Biloxi, MS; Cleveland TN & The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.