House Numbers

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Platinum member
Default House Numbers

Is anyone familiar enough with the various restrictions to know if the stick on house numbers in the front window may be removed if we post other, clearly visible house numbers on our home? Can you direct me to the appropriate document? I've asked a number of my more experienced neighbors, and gotten mixed responses on this one. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Here is a link to your other thread asking this question.....with the answers.
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...numbers-61367/
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Platinum member

Thanks Bogie Shooter, but I'm looking for a reference to an official document that addresses this issue. Anyone know where to look?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Thanks Bogie Shooter, but I'm looking for a reference to an official document that addresses this issue. Anyone know where to look?
Try calling the Customer Service Center 753-4508.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Sage

As far as I can see, that issue is not addressed. Only the post lamp. Remove and replace at will.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:32 PM

You can take them off the window, our builder even helped during the walk thru. You will need some on the lamp post so emergency folks can find you.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Gold member

They are hard to remove but look tacky if left on.
Have you ever seen numbers on the windows anywhere else besides TV?
EMT's will find you if the need arises.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM

Window scraper (blade) you buy in the paint dept at home stores will scape them off. Use nail polish remover or acetone to get the tacky off. Its funny cause I just took these puppies off yesterday a few days after we got our lampost sign with number. If you have your number on your lamp post or garage frame then you can remove but you do need numbers somewhere for the responders to be able to find you Not to mention UPS and Fedex
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
Window scraper (blade) you buy in the paint dept at home stores will scape them off. Use nail polish remover or acetone to get the tacky off. Its funny cause I just took these puppies off yesterday a few days after we got our lampost sign with number. If you have your number on your lamp post or garage frame then you can remove but you do need numbers somewhere for the responders to be able to find you Not to mention UPS and Fedex
Is that a "suggested" or a local government requirement? I grew up in and spent a lot of my adult life in an area in upstate NY where for many years the addresses were something to the effect "RFD#1 Box 55". Then in the 80's the county came along and did away with all the RFD addresses and changed things to actual lot or street numbers which were required to be posted legibly on your box. Reason given that fire, police & ambulance could not easily find the RFD addresses. I remember there being a huge uproar with the local folk over that. It didn't sit well, and many refused to put their numbers up because their address "was nobody's business".
Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
spot opn and spot removed Removed those unsightkly numbers from my window on day one 6 years ago
Old 11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Platinum member

Thanks everyone! I'm not there now, but as soon as I get there, they're gone.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

We took ours off the day we closed on our house. We used a razor blade to get the numbers off and Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky residue. Good Luck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.