House on Paradise Dr. have a night deposit box?

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosygail View Post
I am not ADMIN but We need to filter our comments about other peoples houses, golf carts,pets, etc if we are going to live up to the Friendliest hometown! Remember that future villagers read this site to get an idea of the villages lifestyle. Do we want people to think we are critical and snarky? When an identifiable property is mentioned try not to be too critical. PS I am not the property owner of house on Paradise!

Thank you Rosygail. very well put!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosygail View Post
I am not ADMIN but We need to filter our comments about other peoples houses, golf carts,pets, etc if we are going to live up to the Friendliest hometown! Remember that future villagers read this site to get an idea of the villages lifestyle. Do we want people to think we are critical and snarky? When an identifiable property is mentioned try not to be too critical. PS I am not the property owner of house on Paradise!
You're right, we should fool the prospective buyers into thinking we are not critical and snarky so they can be surprised when they arrive.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynitsche View Post
Thank you Rosygail. very well put!!!

You may not agree with what he or she said , but I will defend there right to say it...
Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
You're right, we should fool the prospective buyers into thinking we are not critical and snarky so they can be surprised when they arrive.
AHA.......hmmmm.

Everyone has a certain style of writing and responding. Some people change names.

This forum brings out the detective in me.

On the subject of critical and snarky...I think most of us are not. The few that are, REALLY hurt feelers a lot but I don't think most posters are. Some people type before they think. I think frequent posters (LIKE ME) do hurt people occasionally. I KNOW I did recently by calling a very nice person silly. Very few people aim to really say mean stuff. That is what I think. I am very often wrong.

I think Rosygail was brave and right to say what she did and I completely agree with her,(You can just TELL she is a nice person) but I don't think the other posters meant to hurt anyone.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-03-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

It's kinda like restaurant opinions.

You have the right to like or dislike a restaurant but you shouldn't criticize a persons taste.

Many people would say that the first house in TV looked out of place around all the watermellon patches. But once there is all houses and only 1 watermelon plant, IT'S out of place.

I think that's exactly whats going on in the Village of Orange Blossom, Silver Lake & Country Club Hills. Many of the old single way are being taken down in place of new homes. That particular house is not the only one but it is the most seen.

There is a house at the end of the 16th fairway on OBH that is just beutiful from the fairway and the street. It's on a culdesac with oaks. It is the 1st one and many might say it looks out of place BUT if I were in a position to do so, I would have no problem becoming a neighbor and trying to duplicate their efforts.

Don't criticize a persons taste; if they like you, does that mean they're wrong about that too?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
I am the poster who started all this. I am so sorry I didn,t mean to offend the owner of the house. I was just stating my opinon. I do not understand the size and location of that house among the manufacturing homes over there. I know that you are allowed to take down an existing manufacture home and build a stick home. However, when we build our home in Tall Trees I was told we had to build a home of the villagers dersign ( Latania, Gardinia etc) and the house had to be totally finished at closing. That house is not a villages design it looks like it was buit by an outside builder. There is not another house like it in TV. Also it looks like it is being completed in stages. Again, I ddin't mean to ruffle anyones feathers. I just believe the size and desgin of the house takes away from the beauty of the historic side of TV.
I agree with Gracie. I don't think you intentionally meant to ruffle feathers or hurt anyone's feelings. I didn't mean to call you out and start a chain reaction with my comments either. I'm very sorry for the hits you took and if I was any part of that, I sincerely apologize.

The historic side isn't part of the numbered districts. The entire intent of the CDD form or government is for the villages/communities/neighborhoods to eventually be taken over by the neighboring locality. The historic side is part of the town of Lady Lake.

We pay our amenity fees just like every resident in TV so we are represented by the Amenities Authority Committee. Other than that, we must adhere to local and state laws and our covenants and deed restrictions. That is why these people were able to pull out a mobile home and build a home that suited them and they didn't have to use one of the developers plans.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
........That is why these people were able to pull out a mobile home and build a home that suited them and they didn't have to use one of the developers plans.
.........or one of the developer's builders.

As long as permits are procured and codes/inspections/rules are being satisfied, you can pretty much do your own thing as you see fit. DIY it, sub it out by acting as your own contractor, or hire a contractor to handle the whole project - it's the property owner's choice to do it as they see fit.

Bill
Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
.........or one of the developer's builders.

As long as permits are procured and codes/inspections/rules are being satisfied, you can pretty much do your own thing as you see fit. DIY it, sub it out by acting as your own contractor, or hire a contractor to handle the whole project - it's the property owner's choice to do it as they see fit.

Bill
Yes. That too. :~)
Old 11-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Historic Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
The historic side isn't part of the numbered districts. The entire intent of the CDD form or government is for the villages/communities/neighborhoods to eventually be taken over by the neighboring locality. The historic side is part of the town of Lady Lake.

We pay our amenity fees just like every resident in TV so we are represented by the Amenities Authority Committee. Other than that, we must adhere to local and state laws and our covenants and deed restrictions. That is why these people were able to pull out a mobile home and build a home that suited them and they didn't have to use one of the developers plans.
..........and that is why the land on that side of TV could become very valuable, because IF or when build out happens, people will be able to buy up the existing homes and replace them with homes of their own design using their own builders. I have been told that there are people buying these homes now, for just that purpose.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Snarky...now that is a great word...you made my day....I had to look it up...perfecto......and I agree with you comment....thanks

LatDoc
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
..........and that is why the land on that side of TV could become very valuable, because IF or when build out happens, people will be able to buy up the existing homes and replace them with homes of their own design using their own builders. I have been told that there are people buying these homes now, for just that purpose.
That's a scary idea. If there would truly be no restrictions on building whatever you want...it would ruin TV.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantwaittoarrive View Post
It's a good idea. I might add a night deposit to my house and see if any one makes a deposit
Watch out! It might be a dog walker who makes the deposit!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.