How to celebrate?

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Sage
Default How to celebrate?

What are you doing to celebrate the 4th of July?? Cookout with friends and family, Going to see fireworks, lazing out at home or something else??
Old 07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Sage

We decided to simply step outside the front door for a few moments, sweat, then step back inside. Currently temp here is 91, humidity at 56%, at 8:45 p.m. Tomorrow's high - 100. Friday - 101. In OH. And it's worse elsewhere!!

I think "the thermostat is broken" for a lot of the country!!!

Bill
Old 07-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Our celebration will be this weekend. We will have our three kids, their husbands/wives, our six grandkids, my nephew and his wife and daughter, our daughter-in-law's parents and brother, and my wife's mother and sister. we live on a lake, and will take the pontoon and the bass boat out to watch the fireworks display on Saturday nite from the water. We will barbeque some ribs and pork loin with corn on the cob, German potato salad, and wilted lettuce. On Sunday morning we will go to the lake clubhouse for a bisquit and gravy breakfast by the Lion's Club, and the kids will ride the waverunner and go tubing. We will drink some beer and wine and the kids will shoot some fireworks. We will play washers and the guys will play some golf, and everyone will swim and lounge in the water. Just a boring summer weekend.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

I went to our local parade here in town. When my husband was living, as a motor officer, he led all the parades. He loved the 4th because of the kids. He hated it because of the kids! But he ALWAYS led all 3 parades on the Fourth! I go in honor of his service here!
FYI- it was over 100 here in the Chicago area today!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 07-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Sage

First stay inside to keep cool, then a cookout with the family (food brought inside to eat). Perhaps we'll go and observe the fireworks display (a tradition) before "hitting the hay"!!

Happy 4th of July folks! God bless the USA!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Sage

At home getting my condo to be ready so I can put in back on the market Thursday, July 5.

Making hotdogs and having one beer. Watch fireworks on television.

Hopefully, this time it will sell.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 PM

I golfed this morning then DW and I did some serious packing in anticipation of our move to TV soon. She said it was the best 4th ever (because we are finally packing boxes)!! Grilled some hotdogs and watched fireworks on tv. After I hit submit on this post. . . I'm hitting the hay!

Happy 4th everyone!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

oh 2b! i REALLY hope the condo sells this time!! fingers, toes and whatever else i can get to will be crossed for you - at least until i hafta go somewhere!

Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
oh 2b! i REALLY hope the condo sells this time!! fingers, toes and whatever else i can get to will be crossed for you - at least until i hafta go somewhere!
Thank you so very much. Love your ending saying.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Our celebration will be this weekend.
we live on a lake, and will take the pontoon and the bass boat out to watch the fireworks display on Saturday nite from the water. We will barbeque some ribs and pork loin with corn on the cob, German potato salad, and wilted lettuce. On Sunday morning we will go to the lake clubhouse for a bisquit and gravy breakfast by the Lion's Club, and the kids will ride the waverunner and go tubing. We will drink some beer and wine and the kids will shoot some fireworks. We will play washers and the guys will play some golf, and everyone will swim and lounge in the water. Just a boring summer weekend.
Ed, you forgot to post your address and directions!
In reality, they're different!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Went to the celebration and fireworks in Leesburg. It is my wife's first Fourth of July in the U.S.
It was a great time.
I was a bit disappointed that The Villages doesn't have fireworks.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Gold member
Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
We decided to simply step outside the front door for a few moments, sweat, then step back inside. Currently temp here is 91, humidity at 56%, at 8:45 p.m. Tomorrow's high - 100. Friday - 101. In OH. And it's worse elsewhere!!

I think "the thermostat is broken" for a lot of the country!!!

Bill
Parallel universe also for us here in Syracuse Bill. And our rental home has no AC! Bedroom unit is on over load.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

we watched trees come down, tents blowing across the back yard and rain then more rain, and then no power happy forth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.