How do I find out who my new neighbors are on Havana Trail in Hadley?

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default How do I find out who my new neighbors are on Havana Trail in Hadley?

We close on Monday, through the mail, and when we were down there a couple weeks ago, looking and picking out our house, the house next door interested us too, but we were told it was sold. When we did decide to buy, we went back and started knocking on doors to introduce ourselves to the other folks on Havana Trail, and there was NO one, in any of the houses. I wonder how we could find out which is sold and to whom, I would love to get to know them even though we ourselves won't be permanent residents for awhile. I thought perhaps we would send them a note.

We will be down the first part of June, and we will go and try to find someone then.

Just curious and excited!

Has anyone else encountered this?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: How do I find out who my new neighbors are on Havana Trail in Hadley?

Place a sign in the yard "Cocktails served at 5".

;D
Old 05-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: How do I find out who my new neighbors are on Havana Trail in Hadley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
We close on Monday, through the mail, and when we were down there a couple weeks ago, looking and picking out our house, the house next door interested us too, but we were told it was sold. When we did decide to buy, we went back and started knocking on doors to introduce ourselves to the other folks on Havana Trail, and there was NO one, in any of the houses. I wonder how we could find out which is sold and to whom, I would love to get to know them even though we ourselves won't be permanent residents for awhile. I thought perhaps we would send them a note.

We will be down the first part of June, and we will go and try to find someone then.

Just curious and excited!

Has anyone else encountered this?
When we moved here about three years ago only some of our neighborhood homes had been sold. Just look for a neighborhood gossip when you get here who might be able to fill you in on who's who in the neighborhood. It may just take a bit of patience to find out who your neighbors are.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Sage

A saw a sign in a house in Hadley on one of the Havana courses that said "Free Beer Tomorrow". That gets people's attention and they start talking although tomorrow never comes! A good way to meet people though.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 PM

Another way is to log on to the Sumter County Recorder's website (http://qpublic.net/sumter/search1.html) and search based on property address. I looked up just using Havana Trail and found two properties listed so far. One at 2328 and one at 2474 Havana Trail. Sometimes the county property offices also have online maps of the lots and by viewing by that method you can select a property and open up who owns it, etc. That is the way our county does it.

I did not see that capability on the Sumter County Recorder's site, but you can, on that site, and having selected one of those two properties, select the "next parcel" or the "previous parcel" and work your way up and down the street. Using this approach provided more addresses of homes on Havana Trail than my first search provided by just inputting "Havana Trail". You just have to find at least one property on the street of interest to begin the "walk".
Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_hoosier
Another way is to log on to the Sumter County Recorder's website (http://qpublic.net/sumter/search1.html) and search based on property address. I looked up just using Havana Trail and found two properties listed so far. One at 2328 and one at 2474 Havana Trail. Sometimes the county property offices also have online maps of the lots and by viewing by that method you can select a property and open up who owns it, etc. That is the way our county does it.

I did not see that capability on the Sumter County Recorder's site, but you can, on that site, and having selected one of those two properties, select the "next parcel" or the "previous parcel" and work your way up and down the street. Using this approach provided more addresses of homes on Havana Trail than my first search provided by just inputting "Havana Trail". You just have to find at least one property on the street of interest to begin the "walk".

What a great idea. I am a sleuth at heart, or maybe just a "nosy rosy". I also like the Cocktails idea. Thank you good buds.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Taltarzac

Neat web-site. :bigthumbsup:

I checked my street and you have to put in an address to get the even side of the street #s and do another search with the odd #s side of the street.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:49 PM

Enter just "havana" without the "trail" and you'll see more listings. The office often abbreviates trail to trl.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 05-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Sage

This was the greatest information!!! I wondered also how much the houses nearby had sold for, but more to the point I was able to call a person on the list that also lives here in Cincinnati.

We both enjoyed talking about our plans to live in TV, and had much in common.

Thank you once again new friends for taking the time to send me this much appreciated information and the interesting and rewarding link.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 PM

You are certainly welcome... though I have to admit the free beer sign would be more fun if you were on site, which I'm not.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.