How do you feel about people renting in TV this summer?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweydash View Post
Come down. Things are starting to open up again with more open by July.

Info as of today:
Outdoor Activities & Facilities Currently Open:
Executive Golf Courses
I notice you wrote "Executive Golf Courses" showing these visitors the activities that are open, to come down and enjoy..
Are they allowing Visitors to play golf again?
Don't know about the other activities you posted if "Guess Passes" are welcome....
Old 05-28-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdtobe View Post
The viral infection rates are low in Florida and the try-county area today.
Opening up of rentals to will increase the flight from heavily infected areas such as New York, Massachusetts and New Jersey to TV. So, I expect there will be a second wave in the villages based on the lack of masks and social distancing that I have observed in the past few days. If you are from an area with few cases of COVID-19 you might want to stay at home.
The people in the real estate business will say “Come On Down” but I plan to take a vacation from TV to a place like Montana where the COVID-19 rates are low.

Honestly I personally don’t believe in renting. Guess I should have looked into that more. I thought this would be more exclusive that is why we pay HOA fees. If you just let anybody in here what’s the point of us paying for these “privileges” if I didn’t care about renters and vacationers then I would have moved into condos on the beach. Sorry I just thought it would be different. I wouldn’t care to have a neighbor who is constantly renting to whoever and me not really knowing who my neighbors are from time to time. The world is bad enough now I have to maybe worry who is renting by me.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

come on down...enjoy your life...live your vision
Old 05-28-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
I notice you wrote "Executive Golf Courses" showing these visitors the activities that are open, to come down and enjoy..
Are they allowing Visitors to play golf again?
Don't know about the other activities you posted if "Guess Passes" are welcome....

I would assume a renter for a month would appropriate the owner’s passes for the $50 fee and not deal with guest passes. Renters really aren’t guests. That is a valid point though and something for the renter to look into.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
So I live in Ohio and my wife got laid off horrible news right. We were thinking of coming down to TV for the month of July. Do you welcome us? Or feel we shouldn't be there right now????
We all live in the United States of America. You do not need anyone’s permission to move about the 50 States. I find it very sad that you Feel that
would require it.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
People from metro New York have been coming here since this all started.
New Yorkers have suffered greatly as a result of the CV. It's not their fault that this awful plague has landed on their laps. If they own homes here, why shouldn't they be here as long as they have been cleared medically?
Old 05-28-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
Honestly I personally don’t believe in renting. Guess I should have looked into that more. I thought this would be more exclusive that is why we pay HOA fees. If you just let anybody in here what’s the point of us paying for these “privileges” if I didn’t care about renters and vacationers then I would have moved into condos on the beach. Sorry I just thought it would be different. I wouldn’t care to have a neighbor who is constantly renting to whoever and me not really knowing who my neighbors are from time to time. The world is bad enough now I have to maybe worry who is renting by me.
There are no HOA fees in The Villages. You are probably right, you should have done more research and asked more questions, this has never been sold as a an exclusive or gated community. We moved here six years ago and have never been disappointed, but we rented for three years before moving, attended CDD meetings and talked to neighbors. We love the snowbirds, bring a new life for a few months, spend their money then give it back to us full timers.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-28-2020, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,793 Times in 1,561 Posts
Default Welcome!

Quote:
So I live in Ohio and my wife got laid off horrible news right. We were thinking of coming down to TV for the month of July. Do you welcome us? Or feel we shouldn't be there right now????
Welcome! TV has "seasons" just like other parts of the country. The seasons here are a bit different. Summer, for example, is mostly hot, humid with the likelihood of afternoon thunder showers. Hard core "tropical".
If you have been here in the fall or winter will give you a whole different perspective on what us full timers love or hate about summer here. Thank goodness we have so many pools.
So, come on down but be prepared to sweat a bit.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:41 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Are you a Liberal or Conservative?.............................
Either way..............C'mon down!
It's getting freaking hot here though!
Steve
Old 05-28-2020, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,042 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweydash View Post
Come down. Things are starting to open up again with more open by July.

Info as of today:

The Enrichment Academy (TEA) Courses will resume June 1st
All Recreation Sponsored Events remain cancelled

Outdoor Activities & Facilities Currently Open:
Swimming Pools with limited capacity
Outdoor Parks
Dog Parks
Executive Golf Courses
Fishing
RC Boats & Cars
Lawn Bowling, Croquet, Shuffleboard, Petanque, Corn Toss, Horseshoes, Fishing, Outdoor Fitness Equipment, Basketball, Platform Tennis, Beach Tennis, Tennis, Pickleball, Bocce, Sand Volleyball,
Fenney Putt & Play
Softball – Practice Only

Indoor Activities Currently Open:

Billiards
Darts
Table Shuffleboard
Lobby Areas/WiFi Use
Savannah Center Computer Lab
Mark Twain Library

Recreation Facilities Opening on June 1st:

Fitness Clubs
Arts & Crafts
All those activities are limited with at least 1/2 available courts or tables. Not like it back nowhere near normal.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Anyone willing to spend July in Central Florida is to be respected.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:51 AM

Craig, I’d be happy to rent you my house😁
Old 05-29-2020, 05:00 AM

Florida's friendliest home town. By reading all of the responses, anyone can tell how friendly it really is. Sounds more like Florida's friendliest business.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:07 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Well, going to be very warm here during the month of July, but that said, come on down! Should have no trouble finding a rental for July
Old 05-29-2020, 05:24 AM
Veteran member

Stay up north.
Closed Thread

Tags
feel, thinking, coming, month, july

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.