How do you think he will do?

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ to Villages (Pennecamp) in December 2010.
Default How do you think he will do?

We are moving into our new home in Pennecamp in Mid Decemeber. My wife and I and my 93 year old father-in-law. He's not your average 93 year old as he still works everyday in Philadelphia. His job? Driving "old People" (his quote) to Hospitals, Therapy, Doctors for a Phila. company. Drives great and no accidents. Has a girl friend (80) who he takes to the movies every week, followed by dinner. He's an excellent card player (don't play poker with him) and is looking forward to some swimming. Also a ww2 vet. So how does the collective think he is going to fit in at his age? Any ideas of things to do for a 93 year old?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Default Bravo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyjohn View Post
We are moving into our new home in Pennecamp in Mid Decemeber. My wife and I and my 93 year old father-in-law. He's not your average 93 year old as he still works everyday in Philadelphia. His job? Driving "old People" (his quote) to Hospitals, Therapy, Doctors for a Phila. company. Drives great and no accidents. Has a girl friend (80) who he takes to the movies every week, followed by dinner. He's an excellent card player (don't play poker with him) and is looking forward to some swimming....
You're moving to the perfect place! Are you sure you can keep up with him on a galloping horse????
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Sounds like he'll fit right in especially because of his good health and attitude. I have a feeling he'll find his own niche once he starts to socialize at the pool and then joins a card playing group, maybe. There are clubs organized by WWII vets and even singles clubs if he choses to expand his horizons. I have a feeling you'll be trying to keep up with HIM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

He'll have a ball! Lots and lots of card games here. All kinds of things he can do.

My next-door neighbor is 92 and still plays golf every other week. He'd play more but his younger wife (72) keeps taking the cart out. Granted, he can't play 9 holes (had a knee replacement last year), but he does make his 6 holes and is quite happy with that. He drives them to Tennessee and Iowa every year to see the kids (mind you, he, not she does the driving). They're both active in their church, have dinner and game parties frequently and all around wonderful.

Your father definitely won't be the only young 90+ individual in TV.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-18-2010, 12:24 PM

I've joked that my 96-year-old father is a cradle robber because his girlfriend is only 93, but sounds like your father-in-law has him beat!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.