How does your split system work in your garage in this heat ?

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2020, 09:55 PM

So I went to the county office to get a permit and they would not let me get a permit unless I could prove the unit I wanted to use could be locked in the dehumidify mode. I called the manufacturer and he did not know what I was talking about. Looks to me that the county says I can do the work myself , but puts loopholes in so that I can’t. They’d said the contractors bring in a form for the unit they are using and the have one problem.

Just sucks,
Old 07-29-2020, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIronton View Post
Thank you so much for all of your input. So to answer a few questions, the front of the house faces North so I never get direct sun. As for insulation, I do know I will have to insulate above the garage to make it worth it.

It’s really not about making so I can watch tv out there , it’s just to make it more comfortable to work on some projects at the workbench. I am a wood worker and luthier so I like to keep busy. And with all that is going on the wood shop has been closed allot. And as of yesterday it will be closed till the end of next month.

Like you we don't have the sun beating down on the front of our home. The front of our garage faces northeast....here's an option to consider: we insulated over the garage and I had an exterior ceiling fan installed directly over my workbench. I don't do a lot in the garage presently, but plan to take up woodcarving again. when I do the only other thing I'll do is install a screen on the large garage door. That way it won't feel like I'm trapped inside a room without any windows
Old 07-29-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIronton View Post
So I am thinking of putting a split system in my two car plus golf cart garage. We don’t keep our car in the garage , but I do like to work on projects in the garage. Just wondering with the extreme heat we have been experiencing, does the system keep up ? I am thinking of a 24000 btu system. Also when you open the door , does it recover pretty quick ? Love to have some input before I go ahead with this.
Thanks,
Jeff
Works great! We did put an insulated garage door on. The Mitshubishi unit does a great job. I can work in the garage all day with the 3D Printers running and if I set the unit temp low enough, I can get cold!

The Mitshubishi unit is worth every penny.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:12 PM

Just put one in, Mitsubishi 24,000. My garage is a full three car with insulated garage doors. Unit work’s great. Probably will have insulation blown in. Make sure you gets quotes. Kalos Services was $4,437. Sun kool was $6,330 for same unit. Munns was $5,300.went with Kalos. Very professional installers. Should of done it years ago.
Closed Thread

Tags
system, garage, car, thinking, heat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.