How many WOULD use Marijuana if it was legal

View Poll Results: Would you use MJ if it was legal both Federal and State.
Yes 26 32.91%
No 46 58.23%
Maybe 6 7.59%
Anyone have some munchies? 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2019, 11:25 AM

I’ll vote no just because of the choices. For me I personally don’t like to be high and had plenty of experience when I was younger. but who am I do judge others who do. There are so many different reasons why people use Cannabis. Some use for recreation, some for meds and some for no reason at all.

I think stereotyping any group is wrong and unfair. Imagine if the Local Drinking population was treated and judged the same. Just because a couple has a few cocktails a day, I would never think them to be alcoholics and assume they Beat their spouses or dumber then those who don’t drink. That’s how a lot of these views on Cannabis sound and again I say a bit “archaic”

Last edited by Dionysos; 10-06-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Not when done right (as is by most of us!!).

Cigarette smokers get enjoyment/satisfaction/hooked by inhaling and rotting their lungs......none of which is done or needed when enjoying a good cigar!!
My good friend has lip cancer from smoking cigars. It all has risks obviously. I enjoy a good cigar and scotch from time to time but accept that is has some consequences. We are no different then some who enjoys a joint and a beer.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Nope. Much prefer a glass of good wine.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
My good friend has lip cancer from smoking cigars. It all has risks obviously. I enjoy a good cigar and scotch from time to time but accept that is has some consequences. We are no different then some who enjoys a joint and a beer.
I too had a friend that enjoyed "safe" cigars, he ended up with tongue cancer at 42 and it was so painful he took his life. No one knows what pesticides are used on those cigars, remembering paraquat.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
I was given a ration of crap on another thread about this subject. Fact is, pot makes you lazy and dumbed down. I've known many stoners over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recall one pot smoker, he was an Architect in his early 40’s living in his parents basement!
He definitely lacked motivation!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:01 PM

I would use it if legal. But probably not smoke it. I would prefer to use it orally, topically or some other method. I just don't care for the smell of want the smoke in my lungs.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
I would use it if legal. But probably not smoke it. I would prefer to use it orally, topically or some other method. I just don't care for the smell of want the smoke in my lungs.
I completely agree.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:30 PM

As school administrator seen way too many potentially bright engaged students loose all interest in building a career, going to college or trade school, and eventually just "drifted" through life, contributed nothing to family and community. A few "woke up" along the way, but so many did go on to other drugs and greater risk. Just say "no" really never worked, those who wish of experience altered states are free to do so, including alcohol. To each their own. Many alcoholics and other drug classification addicts, have become wildly successful. It's a gamble and a matter of personal choice. I am also sorry to see cell phone use while driving so seldom enforced, and add MJ to an already out of control driving under the influence problem, we'll never see relief in auto insurance rates with the never ending rise of accidents and deaths.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:28 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I would divide them as lotus eaters or perhaps wanna be lotus eaters versus responsible, hard working, achieving folks.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-06-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I would divide them as lotus eaters or perhaps wanna be lotus eaters versus responsible, hard working, achieving folks.

Sounds like you are describing meth heads or crack users. I have quite a few friends who use cannabis and they are highly successful. One a CEO of a Fortune 500 company and a couple who’s net worth is quite large. So putting them in a non “achieving” category is just plain ignorant. I am sure there are 1000’s of examples that would prove you wrong.

Don't Judge Someone Just Because They Sin Differently Than You Do!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Sounds like you are describing meth heads or crack users. I have quite a few friends who use cannabis and they are highly successful. One a CEO of a Fortune 500 company and a couple who’s net worth is quite large. So putting them in a non “achieving” category is just plain ignorant. I am sure there are 1000’s of examples that would prove you wrong.

Don't Judge Someone Just Because They Sin Differently Than You Do!
And I would guess there are many thousands of users that ruined their chances of becoming successful in life!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I bet Jim Bean has taken down way more careers than Marry Jane
Old 10-06-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
And I would guess there are many thousands of users that ruined their chances of becoming successful in life!
100% agree but I would still not use a paint brush approach to all. Plenty of non functional people in every category. Drinkers, smokers, swingers, pot smokers etc.... I’m not a scholar nor a statistician but I bet you could find equal failure with every group I mentioned above. I was probably considered a pot head in the 70s but had zero affect in my success. Even though I don’t indulge anymore I’ll 100% support those who do. If I was perfect in every sense I might feel ok with throwing out some unfounded claims and opinions, but I hate being a hypocrite since I’m far from perfect. I apologize in advance in case you are and feel justified.

Cheers

Last edited by Dionysos; 10-06-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I bet Jim Bean has taken down way more careers than Marry Jane
Interesting you say that. Ben Kovler a very close business associate is the Jim Beam Heir that founded Green Thumb Industries. The largest MSO in the US. Soon coming to the Villages as Rise dispensary.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
100% agree but I would still not use a paint brush approach to all. Plenty of non functional people in every category. Drinkers, smokers, swingers, pot smokers etc.... I’m not a scholar nor a statistician but I bet you could find equal failure with every group I mentioned above. I was probably considered a pot head in the 70s but had zero affect in my success. Even though I don’t indulge anymore I’ll 100% support those who do. If I was perfect in every sense I might feel ok with throwing out some unfounded claims and opinions, but I hate being a hypocrite since I’m far from perfect. I apologize in advance in case you are and feel justified.

Cheers
Wether the form that’s used is liquid, solid or gas it is still a mind altering chemical.
Some people are predisposed to becoming addicted, which often effects their lives in a negative way.
Curious as to why you quit?
Closed Thread

Tags
drug, healthcare, legal, federal, pot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.