How much did it rain in The Villages over the past week?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Founder
Default How much did it rain in The Villages over the past week?

I'm not sure of the official measurement, but I have my own measure.
We have a standard 2 gallon garden sprinkling can siting outside. The last time I used it, it was empty. This morning, it is full to the top.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Default Building an Ark yet?

Sounds as if things should be greening up nicely. I am still currently living outside Atlanta and know that the shaded area of concrete beside the house is now green due to all the rain we've gotten. Last year we were having a real drought and praying our yard would survive as watering restrictions were tough. Our house is up the hill in Hadley. Do you think we should buy a rowboat now instead of a golf cart so we can visit those of you in the lower areas?

Ohio, Philippines, South Korea, California, Illinois, Hawaii, Georgia (and a few others)

Last edited by gingin410; 05-29-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Eternal Member

Someone out here was reporting on their rain gauge and I recall the number being close to 15". Whatever the number though, it was an astounding amount of rain. 4 times during the week I heard my self say "I've never seen it rain this hard", and each time I was right.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:53 AM

I have all of your rain totals for the month. It may vary depending what village you live in. I am in santo domingo. It all started on may 14th with a half inch of rain and so now thru may 28th i have gotten 18and 1/2 inch. I didnt get any on the 29th. Heaviest day was may 19th . I got 4 and 1/2 inch that day. May is usually the last of our dry months before the hot rain soaked summer months start here. But this may has turned out to be the wettest may i have had by far since i moved here ten years ago. Thats your rain report for now.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Are all the ponds full again? How about the one on Palmer beside the 1st tee on the Riley Grove 9? That one has been dry for 4 years.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM

Rain gauge in front yard = 9.25"
Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Are all the ponds full again? How about the one on Palmer beside the 1st tee on the Riley Grove 9? That one has been dry for 4 years.

There are plenty of places where I've never seen water that were filled up.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom60 View Post
I have all of your rain totals for the month. It may vary depending what village you live in. I am in santo domingo. It all started on may 14th with a half inch of rain and so now thru may 28th i have gotten 18and 1/2 inch. I didnt get any on the 29th. Heaviest day was may 19th . I got 4 and 1/2 inch that day. May is usually the last of our dry months before the hot rain soaked summer months start here. But this may has turned out to be the wettest may i have had by far since i moved here ten years ago. Thats your rain report for now.

Thanks Tom - Good Info!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

I noticed yesterday that the wetland near Palmer that l2ride mentioned was really quite wet. First I can remember it being so in my nearly 4 1/2 years here.

The pond/lake on the south side of Bailey Trail at Buena Vista (in the eagle preserve) is also higher than I can recall.

And, I think most golf courses now look like golf courses rather than parchment paper!

I'm guessing better than 12" of rain here in Sunset Pointe. I don't have a measuring device set out, but I gauge from a WVLG report late last week that the neighboring Village of Virginia Trace had had 10" since Sunday, 05/17. Never have I seen such a lot of rain all at once, here.

SWR
Old 05-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Two days after that starter told us that, there was water back in that pond. Not full but it did cover the grasses.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Gold member
Default A weather type question

Can you have one of those little weather station type thingies? You know, it has a little wind speed / direction /etc.

Yoda
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.