How safe are the pools?

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2020, 06:34 AM

I have been to the neighborhood pool at Osceola Hills. The most I’ve seen at the pool is 6 but I watch the time I go. Usually late in the afternoon. I did see someone come to clean once. Not very well. Wiped the top of a ladder, The arms of one of he chairs , went into the bathroom and came out 2 minutes later, never touched a chaise , so I’m not sure how good the cleaning is. However, I felt safe most of the time because I was able to social distance myself. One or 2 people didn’t respect that but most did
Old 08-22-2020, 06:36 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I would not go until this COVID is over
Then that will be at least another year. Are you going to stop living due to this virus? Keep your distance, wear your mask when not in the pool, if its a pool that appears the people there are being nitwits and packed in then leave. But stopping life isnt the amswer
Old 08-22-2020, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

I play water volleyball 6 days a week and feel safe. It is the only activity where every participant and all the equipment are literally bathed in sanitizing solution. The CDC has stated that Covid can not survive in a properly maintained pool. In addition the likelihood of contracting the virus outdoors is extremely low. I feel more vulnerable in an enclosed space, like a grocery store or restaurant.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Then that will be at least another year. Are you going to stop living due to this virus? Keep your distance, wear your mask when not in the pool, if its a pool that appears the people there are being nitwits and packed in then leave. But stopping life isnt the amswer

We aren't "stopping life". We are having fun inside and in the yards of our nice homes. I am cooking more and painting more and enjoying my wide community of friends on Facebook and Zooming our family in different parts of this world every Monday. Facebook allows many of us to laugh at each other and commiserate with each other daily, and we have a bunch of folks who do just that from The Villages. The only people who are missing this are the ones who think it is dangerous to communicate on Facebook. You certainly can't catch Covid-19 there.

We live together, my husband of 58 years, our daughter who is 55, and our two cats. We cook and clean and communicate with others in myriad ways. We enjoy the front porch and the back lanai and our pool. A lot of people have added pools recently here in The Villages. Husband plays 18 holes four times of week. Stays in his own cart, doesn't eat lunch out, doesn't touch anything anyone touches on the course. He is our "purchasing agent" and it has been fun and interesting to see what he brings home from the grocery. We are blessed to live in a home filled with laughter and fun and good health and don't really mind this pause in social interaction in person.

We have seen far worse and far scarier times than this. Two of us have survived cancer. One of us have had three operations with the heart lung machine...not heart surgery with stents. We have lived long enough to have witnessed extreme sadness and loss of life to those we loved and heartbreaking situations. Our home today is a sweet retreat and soft place to land for awhile.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-22-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:07 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

what is stopping you ? all you need is your villages id............................ maybe
Old 08-22-2020, 07:32 AM

I go almost every day, close to empty at all hours of the day. Yes capacity limit and chairs are placed at good distance apart.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:54 AM

Feeling safe is your responsibility and nobody else only you can decide if you feel comfortable or live in fear.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkshop View Post
I haven’t been to a pool since February. Would love to hear comments regarding the safety. Is there a capacity limit? Want to go back and enjoy the pools.
We go to Hillside in the afternoon. Sometimes we are the only people there but most often less than 10 people. The stated limit is 45 which seems too high. We feel safe as it is easy to maintain distancing in the water. Other folks in the pool tell me it is busier in the mornings. I wouldn't go with more than 10.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Most of our Compadres still go to the pool regularly. I on the other hand desperately miss it. I don't move to fast on land so I would move even slower in the pool. There are too many variables by my going in the pool that are in the hands of others. We went 2 or three times a day in the Good Old Days.

I respect our friend's decisions to carry on as they see fit. I wish all of them respected mine to sit it out till we get a Vaccine.

Since I've been home more than usual I have realized that part of the problem with being agitated sometimes is that I want what I want when I want it. In this case, the lesson learned for me is to chill out. I can wait a bit until the time is rite. I'm betting my life if I make a mistake.

When I pick up the mail for a friend and take a look into the pool many times I don't like what I see. So we are on our own little Island. High and Dry! I think we'll be OK.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

The one in my back yard is safe !

Old 08-22-2020, 08:49 AM

Not the cold and not the flu. This virus can be deadly and if you survive there can be long term, oerhaps permanent, vascular damage. There are currently no cures. We hope for an effective vaccine soon but it's not here yet. Don't suggest we all be nonchalant about a virus that has killed over 175,000 people and counting. I'm not suggesting we hide, but I am saying we should take this seriously and abide by the guidelines of safety.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:49 AM

I’m still amazed some people call “COVID Fears”, paranoia after 175,000 Americans have died. Obviously Leadbone1 has not lost anyone to COVID yet, so thanks for your concern for your other neighbors and family. Pools do seem safe and uncrowded but there are still those that want to get to close to chat, simply remind them and they back off, so enjoy the pools again.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:59 AM
Default No Evidence

There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...php/water.html
Old 08-22-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Bravo . The old quote works for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We aren't "stopping life". We are having fun inside and in the yards of our nice homes. I am cooking more and painting more and enjoying my wide community of friends on Facebook and Zooming our family in different parts of this world every Monday. Facebook allows many of us to laugh at each other and commiserate with each other daily, and we have a bunch of folks who do just that from The Villages. The only people who are missing this are the ones who think it is dangerous to communicate on Facebook. You certainly can't catch Covid-19 there.

We live together, my husband of 58 years, our daughter who is 55, and our two cats. We cook and clean and communicate with others in myriad ways. We enjoy the front porch and the back lanai and our pool. A lot of people have added pools recently here in The Villages. Husband plays 18 holes four times of week. Stays in his own cart, doesn't eat lunch out, doesn't touch anything anyone touches on the course. He is our "purchasing agent" and it has been fun and interesting to see what he brings home from the grocery. We are blessed to live in a home filled with laughter and fun and good health and don't really mind this pause in social interaction in person.

We have seen far worse and far scarier times than this. Two of us have survived cancer. One of us have had three operations with the heart lung machine...not heart surgery with stents. We have lived long enough to have witnessed extreme sadness and loss of life to those we loved and heartbreaking situations. Our home today is a sweet retreat and soft place to land for awhile.
You have made the best out of a bad situation. I myself do venture out more in the last month , mostly because I’m single and I have judged for me that the risk , rewards for maintaining my mental health are worth it
Old 08-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Thhanks for sharing. Good atitude.
Closed Thread

Tags
pools, back, limit, capacity, safety

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.