How Tall Will They Be?

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2020, 08:14 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Wow, actual facts and analysis on TOTV! Well done. I tend to use the approved Tennessee definition. They are trying to squeeze 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag.
I agree with you. I prefer facts vs. pure speculation and guessing.... Like...
The squares will be shut down and turned into apartments
Entertainment in the squares will stop if people own apartments in the squares because they will complain about the noise
As soon as a country club gets run down it will be turned into apartments (like Lopez. Oh wait... that was completely refurbished and is now a beautiful restaurant)

There are many more. All speculation with no basis in fact. Yes... we keep hearing it over and over again.
I will say, at least you are fighting a fight where they have declared they want to build apartments at HHCC. The statements above are just stirring the pot.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:22 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
My suspicion is most will not pay any attention until whatever is going to happen will happen.
I agree many will not pay attention until the apartments break ground. Then it will be slow torture as the surrounding residents watch as the monstrosity slowly rises above the tree line then blocks the sun. Plus the construction noise, truck traffic etc it won’t be pretty. Suggested name The Tenements of Hacienda Hills.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
There have been lots of words written recently about the apartments to be built at the Hacienda Hills CC site. How about some arithmetic?

—The 7 acre site has 308,00 sq.ft. of buildable space.

— If we make a conservative assumption that 3 acres of the site will be required for the resort pool, walking trails, and other recreational amenities promised by the Developer, the buildable portion of the site is reduced to 176,000 sf.

— The amount of buildable space will be further reduced by the space required for surface parking for apartment residents and guests cars and golf carts, and modest landscaping around the building. At standard “striping sizes” and assuming 1/4 acre of landscaping, those items further reduce the buildable surface on the site by about 75,000 sf, further reducing the buildable surface to about 101,000 sf.

— At an average size of 1,200 sf, the 286 apartments will require 343,000 sf. Add in a 20% factor for hallways and other common areas and there will be 412,000 sf under roof. No allocation has been made for the promised restaurant or restaurant parking.

The arithmetic indicates that the new structure will average slightly more than 4 stories in height. If resident parking and a restaurant are added “under roof”, the structure would average closer to 5 stories in height. If parking for the apartments is provided under ground, the height of the structure could be maintained at about 4 stories.

All that arithmetic being considered, fitting a resort pool, pool structure, restaurant, golf starting facilities, walking paths and other sports amenities, all promised by the Developer, onto only 3 acres of land seems to be a tall order

I’ve tried to be transparent in how I arrived at my conclusions. Feel free to change whatever assumptions you’d like and see what conclusions you reach.
We keep hearing 286 units, but I think it will eventually be less. My reasoning? Just making a few educated guesses like everyone else. The Developers got the rights to 300 amenity fees. Some have been used already leaving 286. There is also desires to convert some of the second stories in Spanish Springs to apartments. If these are approved, some of the amenity fees will be used for these residents. Lastly, I think the Developers will work with the angry residents around the HH golf course and limit the height of the building. I’d suggest a trade off might be taking a bit more land by making holes #1 on the Lakes and Oak courses as par 4s. That would allow an additional 75/100 yards to work with. I have NO inside information. Just making some assumptions from what I have read and heard in various meetings.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

I think it'll be somewhat less than 200 units total in this specific location. But hey let's call it 200 exactly. There's no reason each unit has to be 1200 square feet on average. They could have a couple of 3-bedrooms at 1500 SF on the top floor, with a few 1300 2/2 with a bonus den. Then on the next floor, mostly 900sf 1/1 and 2/1.5. And the first floor could be mostly 1000sf 1/1.5 and 2/1.5. There's also no reason why it would have to be 4 or 5 floors. In fact - if you account for a minimum of 8 foot ceilings plus at least a foot between each floor for ductwork, wiring, and soundproofing, there's no way 50 feet tall can possibly equal 4 floors of living space. The math just doesn't work. It would have to be 3 floors.

OR...if it's not going to be just one building (remember we still have no idea what it's going to look like) - it could be a couple of 3-floor apartment buildings one one end, and a circle of 2-storey villas similar to the ones in Spanish Springs surrounding the pool, with another couple of rows of 2-floor villas behind that on the other end.

And walking trails going all throughout the whole thing, with a golf cart path leading to the rec building and outdoor activities center.

You could get 200 units total that way, and still have it look nice. I STILL think it's too many units, and I STILL think it'll be too much of a traffic nightmare. But I don't think its appearance is going to be a problem. You can support the developer or loathe them - but you have to admit they produce good looking properties.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
apples and oranges............comparing gross revenue to gross margin. duh.
Margin Trumps Revenue every time. But, the bottom line is that what is being done at HH is simply not the right thing to do! People, fellow Villagers, that I feel very sorry for, were sold a supposedly dream home. Now they are getting a not anticipated nightmare experience jammed down their throats. I don’t care how one tries to justify it, it’s the wrong thing to do!

Last edited by tophcfa; 09-25-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:58 AM

The reality is, it will probably look no different than the multiple Assisted and Independent living units that are everywhere throughout The Villages. So why is everyone getting so riled up? It will be same in principle as those, that so many live near now...and it will give people in the North end of the villages an opportunity for apartment living if needed, like down in Brownwood. Instead of thinking it’s a negative, think they are giving people that option if it becomes too much to manage a house and yard vs expensive Independent living facilities.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
There have been lots of words written recently about the apartments to be built at the Hacienda Hills CC site. How about some arithmetic?

— If we make a conservative assumption that 3 acres of the site will be required for the resort pool, walking trails, and other recreational amenities promised by the Developer, the buildable portion of the site is reduced to 176,000 sf.

— The amount of buildable space will be further reduced by the space required for surface parking for apartment residents and guests cars and golf carts, and modest landscaping around the building. At standard “striping sizes” and assuming 1/4 acre of landscaping, those items further reduce the buildable surface on the site by about 75,000 sf, further reducing the buildable surface to about 101,000 sf.

— At an average size of 1,200 sf, the 286 apartments will require 343,000 sf. Add in a 20% factor for hallways and other common areas and there will be 412,000 sf under roof. No allocation has been made for the promised restaurant or restaurant parking.

The arithmetic indicates that the new structure will average slightly more than 4 stories in height. If resident parking and a restaurant are added “under roof”, the structure would average closer to 5 stories in height. If parking for the apartments is provided under ground, the height of the structure could be maintained at about 4 stories.

All that arithmetic being considered, fitting a resort pool, pool structure, restaurant, golf starting facilities, walking paths and other sports amenities, all promised by the Developer, onto only 3 acres of land seems to be a tall order

I’ve tried to be transparent in how I arrived at my conclusions. Feel free to change whatever assumptions you’d like and see what conclusions you reach.
Hope all the seniors can do stairs, in the event of fire ( we all know how things are built AND inspected around here) or power outages. How long were some out of power in the last Hurricane?
Old 09-26-2020, 06:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Good analysis. On a 7 acre site they could build 7 high end homes at $500,000 each for a total $3,500,000. No need to build a 3 or 4 story monstrosity like The Lofts.
Are you willing to pay half a million for a house in TV? Yes, its nice here but theres better places to live for that amount of money
Old 09-26-2020, 06:45 AM

Check out the new apartment complex on 466 in Lady Lake to get
a non arithmetical estimate of building height & density. Thought I saw an ad for this place highlighting its proximity to Villages amenities
Old 09-26-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Underground parking?

In Florida?

The Villages?
They just have to wait for the sink hole.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:54 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
Hope all the seniors can do stairs, in the event of fire ( we all know how things are built AND inspected around here) or power outages. How long were some out of power in the last Hurricane?

They are installing fire poles & slides.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:57 AM

Gross margin is always as a percent; gross profit is always in dollars. duh
Old 09-26-2020, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
They are installing fire poles & slides.
In that case count us in
Old 09-26-2020, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Good analysis. On a 7 acre site they could build 7 high end homes at $500,000 each for a total $3,500,000. No need to build a 3 or 4 story monstrosity like The Lofts.
You might wish to check out current home prices. A high end home on a one acre lot would go for more like $1 million each, not $500k which is now just average.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:

You can remove the calculations for the restaurant as there is absolutely nothing in writing in the final agreement about a restaurant.
Closed Thread

Tags
structure, site, space, buildable, parking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.